1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eagles Retiring #5? What about Dallas retiring #9?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by sadams, Sep 20, 2013.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,512 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    I, personally, don't think White should be in the Ring. I like him and I appreciate both what he did for us and his circumstances, as a player but the Ring or the Hall is not supposed to be about that. It's supposed to be about the guys who were truly the best of the best, regardless of circumstances. JMO
  2. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,849 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    This.
  3. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,166 Messages
    438 Likes Received
    Is this thread a joke?
  4. sadams

sadams Well-Known Member

1,148 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    I'll take Romo over Flacco. Anyday. But Flacco has enjoyed Ray Rice and an incredible Defense. Romo has enjoyed an incredulous defense and Barber, Felix, Murray,.........
  5. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,597 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Romo is Danny White lite in my opinion. On another note, I am looking forward to the day when Romo is no longer here and we can start ripping or praising the poor soul who replaces him. Hopefully that particular replacement won't be as polarizing as our current chosen one ( yeah, right).

Craig
  6. boysfanindc

2,849 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    Yes, maybe we can start another string of:

Anthony Wright
    Clint Stoerner
    Ryan Leaf
    Quicny Carter
    Vinny T
    Chad Hutchinson
    Bledsoe

Good times, indeed. Can't wait!
    StarBoyz83 likes this.
  7. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,603 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    We don't really retire jerseys here more like ring of honor
  8. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,603 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Oh can't wait! People here will regret talking smack about number 9.
    StarBoyz83 likes this.
  9. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,885 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    But before you used the word "IF" you assumed he does have the mental capacity.. he just has to be willing to accept certain limitations. This is where you and I have different opinions. I simply think he doesn't have the mental capacity in the first place to "accept certain limitations" because he has never shown us he does. Hence the blood out of a turnip line. It's the same old dog/no new tricks every year with him.. although, he tells us every year he feels better about the team, and his role, and his new special throwing technique and yadda yadda.. but then we see the same dumb stuff. I could go over the same dumb stuff in debt but you already know, so I will save us both time.
  10. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,867 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    We don't have a history of losing like Philly... so no.
  11. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,411 Messages
    3,707 Likes Received
    Well said.
  12. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Flacco hasn't had Jason Witten, Terrell Owens, and Dez Bryant.
  13. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Which is why it's a joke that Harvey Martin is not in the ROH.
  14. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,145 Messages
    654 Likes Received
    With all the records Romo will break I will find it hard to believe he doesn't at some point make the ROH. But Donovan had a GREAT career. No matter how much you hate the Eagles he went to numerous NFC championship games. You could argue that anyone who has made it to that many NFC Championships should have had atleast one ring but he also had a terrible team he took there.
  15. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,145 Messages
    654 Likes Received
    In regards to TO, what did he do once he left the Cowboys? I was trying to look up his Allen Wrangler stats but couldn't find them....
  16. boysfanindc

2,849 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    I vote for Hollywood Henderson, because he was certainly one of a kind!
  17. mrmojo

mrmojo Active Member

862 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    LOL me either, although the results have been the same regardless of QB the last decade. Quincy even has a playoff appearance for gods sake.
  18. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,597 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    At the end of the day it is all about championships. When was the last one? 1995. So you might as well add Romo to that list of underachievers that you have compiled. Now, if by some miracle Romo gets this team to a championship this season I will be more than happy to eat the crow. Until then, Romo is just another underachiever in my book.

Craig
  19. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,885 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    Flacco also enjoyed putting up stats during the playoffs that no other QB has done since Joe Montana. So hopefully you understand now that a QB can't be part of the problems on his team if he plans to lead them to the super bowl... and be MVP of said super bowl. Same thing Eli did twice recently.
  20. shank

shank Member

48 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I don't know why people are so quick to forget how good McNabb was in his prime. He was terror to deal with and could make game changing plays anywhere on field with his arm or legs. He turned out he could not get over hump to winning superbowl but this guy was beast in his prime. 5 Championship games is very hard to do.