1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eagles v Pats Game thread *Merged*

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by gollum, Nov 25, 2007.

1. smarta5150

smarta5150 Mr. Wright

7,161 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, that must have been why AJ Feely was picking apart your secondary :rolleyes:
  2. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,389 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    shoo fly, don't bother me.
  3. lspain1

lspain1 Active Member

4,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Patriot, you are tossing out red herrings. Madden was pointing out where your defense could be attacked all evening. Those weaknesses have been there all season but your offense has covered them up. The Eagles used a patient attack coupled with pressure to get to Brady. This wasn't a bad game by your team...it was a good game by the Eagles until Feeley made a key mistake. Moss actually dropped a couple tonight and he has been Brady's security blanket all season long. The Brady-Welker machine was in full swing and it almost wasn't emough.

I really hope we get another shot at your team. A nice blueprint was provided tonight and the Cowboys learned from our first meeting as well. You're here because you know we might see you again. We'll see.
  4. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,419 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    What in the world is a Patriot fan hanging out in a Cowboy chat room? Don't the Patriots have their own chat room?
  5. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,708 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    Teams did that after the Bills game. And Tony adjusted, throwing underneath more often.
  6. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,825 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    It basically comes down to this. You either have a third corner who can limit Welker's effectiveness or you don't. The Eagles didn't, but they almost succeeded anyways.

When healthy, we do.

Edit - Then again, they did put a linebacker on him somewhat often. So, who knows. :)
  7. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,083 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    I hate Welker. Then again, I hate all white WRs and white Duke basketball players.
  8. saphire1

saphire1 New Member

137 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    its just like the bad cowboy games - pats still found a way to win w/ the weaknesses exposed and not their best offsensive game. i think thats what great teams are made of...

the defense was exposd tonight, but they steppd up when it matterd the most, regrdless of the late bad passes of the philly qb.
  9. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,083 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    So were the Patriots "exposed" tonight :laugh2:
  10. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received

No, the Colts "exposed" them when they lost by 4:rolleyes:
  11. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Active Member

4,092 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    I just woke up and saw the score. The Eagles defencive signals must be encrypted. ;)
  12. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,708 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    They showed that Patrick Crayton was right about their defense. If you have a competent offense you can move the ball on them without expended much effort.
  13. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No more than the Bears were "exposed" by the Dolphins in '85. They'll see this as a wakeup call and resume crushing opponents momentarily.
  14. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,322 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    This offensive performance had nothing to do with the Patriots having an off-night... The Eagles defense actually out-played the Patriots offense... They took away what the Patriots wanted to do...

And remember, Feeley spotted the Patriots 7 points in the beginning... and right after that, they marched right up the field and scored a TD...

uh... that is not stepping up, but getting incredibly lucky... or it was a fix...
  15. saphire1

saphire1 New Member

137 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    either way, the defense did what theyre supposd to do - intercept those potential touchdown passes. lucky or not.

i didnt think newman(?) was just plain lucky when he interceptd campbell on the washington game. i thought it was a great play. i also think the same way when samuel got that ball. and also the last interception when philly was making a last-ditch effort to get into fg range.
  16. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,322 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    If a QB throws it right to the defense, that is incredibly lucky... especially when that very corner is playing deep off the man... He had absolutely no pressure on him.. he had the middle of the field wide-open, like he did all game...

The difference between Newman's interception and Asante's was different... besides the fact that Campbell was on the run, and under pressure, Newman had tro follow the receiver around...
  17. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,046 Messages
    445 Likes Received

I agree with the latter... not the former.

It wasnt a wakeup call. It was opposing team being effective.
  18. The Patriot

The Patriot Member

184 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There is no such thing as a "blueprint" in football. Things change. Last year the Colts' "blueprint" was to run the football against them and we all know how that turned out. Our defense isn't as good as it used to be and Moss can be contained but don't think that the Pats can't make adjustments while their opponents can.