1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Early draft question

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by fortdick, Nov 8, 2012.

1. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    What position should the Cowboys focus on next offseason in either free agency or the draft?

Guard is my first choice with Running Back the second. Even if Murray comes back, we need someone that can play when he is banged up. Wither way, Bernadeau has to go.
  2. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,958 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    if it's a top ten pick and there's a franchise Quarterback available..take him! Otherwise a, Defensive end, outside linebacker, guard, center, safety....
  3. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Draft Quarterback.

They should go ahead and trade Romo and start resetting the team. If he's extended we're looking at years of mediocrity, at best, going forward. I don't even think Jason Garrett is capable of developing a QB, but I'd rather see a cheap QB on the team with potential than a declining Romo with an albatross contract.
  4. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I understand your thinking, but I don't believe that QB is the biggest priority right now. I think we are good at safety once Church comes back and a healthly Costa will reduce the need for an early center.

I really think we need to focus on Oline this offseason
  5. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They definitely need to rebuild the OL, but the team is at the point where they have to start developing a QB ASAP. The last thing anyone is going to want to see, whether they know it or not, is a Romo extension. The team is locked into going nowhere if that happens.
  6. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,891 Messages
    2,361 Likes Received
    1. OLB
    2. OG/C
    3. NT
    4. Safety
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,859 Messages
    1,704 Likes Received