1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Eatman-Carter, McNabb Enjoy Friendly Rivalry

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Prancer, May 18, 2004.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,721 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    Matt Damon was in it too. Don't doubt me.

Sean Astin was in Goonies, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy of movies. He played Frodo's friend Sam
  2. Tsgt Hendricks

Tsgt Hendricks Benched

253 Messages
    0 Likes Received

It would shock me, very much.
    Like I said it is fact IMO. Paint, you have to take into consideration all the stuff that went on prior to BP taking over. Perhaps if Camp would have gotten fired after Jones drafted Carter and BP was brought in we would not have all these ex basball players. BP would have sat Carter that Frist season and maybe the 2nd,> Carter would have been handled differently.

When aikman started out we did not have jackarses for coaches. we did when Carter got here.

So you cannot sit there and compare the options thing with the time that aikman started. am I right ?

those bungling fools that were here in Carter's Frist 2 seasons and hutch's first season made them look so bad to others that they have to work extra hard to erase that picture from BP's and everyone else' memories.

that options thing wil go away after this season, and the next. I 'm not worried about henson competing that is good, he'll just be competing that is it, Carter will prevail IMO.

You call that flaming? I have not flamed anyone, now I have been joiking with those guys , because it is hard for me to believe that they really believe some of the stuff they are posting.
    If they are getting angry, I don't knwo what to say. I mean they are saying things to me and insinuating things but it doesn't bother me because I know it is not true.

But yeah, I was having some fun with them.

And I really do not think henson can replace Carter ever.
  3. Hostile

118,721 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    The genius of his wisdom is not in the turd, it is in the "hot day."
  4. Tsgt Hendricks

Tsgt Hendricks Benched

253 Messages
    0 Likes Received

As I have said I'm mixed, so I was being funny. youknow the saying they all look alike. Whites say that about blacks and blacks say that about whites.

So I get it form both sides of my family.
  5. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105327/
  6. twa

twa Active Member

1,053 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for the posts TSG H I really needed the laughs,Hard day at work.Also thanks to HOSTILE for saving us from my typing skills great posts as always.One note :How a QB performs under pressure is the best measure of his skills,check out Aikmans playoff stats ,end of argument.Don't let aikmans last few years after back and concusions fool u,even in his last year he was better than any QB on the team last year.Hopefully Q can show us what TSG HENDRICKS see's in him this year,but I sure havn't seen it yet! :D
  7. Hostile

118,721 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
  8. Hostile

118,721 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    Anything to keep you out of the liquor cabinet. :D
  9. twa

twa Active Member

1,053 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    YOU will have to work at it. :rolleyes:
  10. Tsgt Hendricks

Tsgt Hendricks Benched

253 Messages
    0 Likes Received

anytime glad to be able to make you laugh. LOL

Well catch you fellas tomorrow. I'm out.
  11. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    Do I believe Henson comes from a football family? Yes.
    Do I believe that a star QB can come from Michigan? Yes.
    Do I think there are better options than Quincy? Yes.
    Do I believe accuracy is essential for a QB? Yes.
    Do I believe some of your threads seem contradictory? Yes. Why bring up Michigan QBs, then claim that is unimportant when applied to UGA QBs? It seems that your threads seem to allude to things and then you deny them when we bring them up. Maybe it is just your writing style.

Anyway, agree to disagree, hopefully some QB develops for Dallas and they have another successful year.
  12. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,889 Messages
    4,239 Likes Received
    Well no matter how much you want it to be true...no matter how much you have faith in QC...no matter how strong you believe...it is not a FACT....YET...now it may become a fact down the road.

I agree...if we would have brought Bill in we would not have started QC right off the bat. Chances are we may have stuck with Tony Banks...or had Anthony Wright as the starter that year. I also agree that we probably would not have gotten Chad Hutchinson...but we still would have gotten Drew Henson IMO...because Bill was here and did ok the move to get him....sorry Bill wanted Henson no matter how much you may disagree.

Also I noticed that you said after QC was drafted and then camps fired....but I think if Bill was the coach when the draft went on....I am not so sure QC would even be a dallas cowboy...that is pure speculation as nobody really can say for a fact.

Actually I can...Jimmy Johnson used the first round pick in the supplemental draft to take a QB he coached at Miami just to have his options.
    It happens that Aikman proved to be the better QB....and that means a lot as it has been reported that Jimmy was not as high on Aikman.

You are right Cos,Camps...should not have been the HC and OC...that I will agree with you 100%.
    However Bill Parcells was the coach this past season.....and QC still had troubles with TOs and scoring.

I agree competition is a good thing for both QBs and more importantly for the team as it will make them both better and in the end the team better.
    I just do not think QC will be the one left standing after all is said and done....I have no problem with disagreeing in that area...and I appreciate you saying it is your opinion.

When someone states things as fact...when it is just opinion it tends to get people upset....has always been that way around these parts.
    Also when someone says certian things it may tick some people off...I have noticed on two seperate occasions (once in this thread) that you have made some odd comments that I think may be meant in a bad manner....now one of those times was in a past thread and you basically admitted to it....this time I have asked you about it and I have not seen a response about it. I will leave it at that.

Also sometimes when you are joking...it may be hard for someone to realize it, you have to remember on a message board someone can not see someone's facial expressions, voice tones, bodily language...and when you do not know someones ways that well then it can be taken other ways...sometimes using the emoticon's can help in that area.
  13. jay cee

jay cee Active Member

2,900 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I agree, but IMO that was a mistake on the part of the front office. I agree that Aikman was the leader of the offense, that is due to his strong work ethic. And the fact that the qb is the usual leader of the offense.

Earl Campbell was the best player on those Oilers teams of the late '70's early '80's but Dan Pastorini was still the leader of the O. That's the qb position. it is a leadership position.
  14. jay cee

jay cee Active Member

2,900 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Thanks for the kind words buddy. But on one point we disagree. I like Aikman, but his salary was way out of whack for a player of those limitations. I would take him over Carter any day of the week at a reasonable salary. I THINK Carter can do a good job if he is surrounded by enough talent, I already KNOW Aikman can. He proved it time and time again.
  15. Hostile

118,721 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    Best post in the thread.
  16. jay cee

jay cee Active Member

2,900 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    oh man, do I remember that play. I think it was 4th and goal. But I think you are wrong on one point. in my memory he was only about 4 yards away from what likely would have been the winning td. and he stands there like a statue until he has to force that pass for an interception.
  17. jay cee

jay cee Active Member

2,900 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I think Aikman had way more physical talent than Brady. but it is the mental makeup that I think he is way behind Brady. that's why I would take Brady over Aikman.

Don't try and talk about how Aikman had to sacrifice his ego. Remember how Smith held out when his contract expired before the 2nd superbowl? I believe that was just to get to be the highest paid running back in the league. After that superbowl victory, Jones tears up Aikman's contract and makes him the highest paid player in the league.

Remember this is after Aikman carried this team to two straight losses to open the season with Smith holding out.
  18. jay cee

jay cee Active Member

2,900 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Brainpaint, I can't say that you have never done it. But I don't ever remember you calling out a specific QC "hater" for silly posts. It's quite possible you have, and I missed it.
  19. Hostile

118,721 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    PM me with who this silly "hater" is and I will galdly tell you whether or not we have called him out.
  20. jay cee

jay cee Active Member

2,900 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I apologize to the forum. Thanks to Hostiles response to my post, I see I totally screwed that post up.

I was not speaking of any particular poster. I should have said ANY specific QC "hater" for silly posts. Sorry about the screw up.