1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Eatman-Carter, McNabb Enjoy Friendly Rivalry

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Prancer, May 18, 2004.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    Allow me to answer that.

Yes, people on both sides of the fence who push the envelope have been warned and banned.

Both sides have people who just stir stuff up. The good fans who like to discuss stuff pay for their attitudes unfortunately.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received

Oh there have been a few...the ones that go over the line or just flat out lie about something and try to pass off his opinions as fact.

There are a few that are no longer on the board because of that.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,770 Likes Received
    Are you dense? You still don't get understand do you? Henson dad who works with IMG it is their job to take young college QB's who will be entering the draft to help prepair them and work with them at their facilities in Florida he has worked with some of the top QB's who have entered the Pros. Yes that is a hugh help to Henson to be raised in that enviorment just as it was very helpful to Payton and Eli Manning having a father who knew a lot more about what it takes to be a QB than some lame little league coach. There is a reason Parcells has talked about liking kids who are coaches son because they do get a lot of hands on help of what it takes to play this game at a top level. Now I'm not saying it is that will make Henson. Henson has some very good physical skills he has the mobility and the arm strenght as well as the mental understanding of the game.
  4. Hostile

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    He actually thinks he's being clever and that the football shaped heads comment was hysterical. That's not near as funny as himself as the ultimate football authority and opinion to pay heed to. My ribs still hurt from laughing yesterday.
  5. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,242 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Does Henson not have a very good relationship with his father or something? I mean, the guy went and chose baseball over football. I guess the "lame little league coach" had more of an impact on his life than his father did.

:D
  6. Hostile

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    I know that was said in fun. I tend to think 17 million dollars had a lot more to do with it than any Little League Coach. Just wanted to say that before Schultz runs with that.
  7. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,242 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Yes it was.

$17,000,000 would make me do the same thing.....but the funny thing is that he didn't make nearly that. He had to pay most of it back.

If I remember correctly, I don't think he even made five million in the whole time. It turns out he would have already made more money in the NFL if he would have gone straight to the NFL from college IF he were a top pick.

He went for the money and in the end, it costs him money.
  8. Hostile

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    Well, he didn't make all of it because he decided to do what is right and play a mna's sport. I predict he will make back all that he gave up and then some. Athletes, especially quarterbacks, get endorsement deals like crazy. If he becomes what i think he can become being the QB in Dallas the spotligt will probably love him.

Yeah, I'd have done the same thing he did too. I read somewhere that he held the National High School records for home runs and RBIs at one time.
  9. Tsgt Hendricks

Tsgt Hendricks Benched

253 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Actually I can...Jimmy Johnson used the first round pick in the supplemental draft to take a QB he coached at Miami just to have his options.
    It happens that Aikman proved to be the better QB....and that means a lot as it has been reported that Jimmy was not as high on Aikman.

The above statement, is true. I posted that once before on the old message board and people got upset, saying that it was not true. And I know how a lot of you live by what the media reports but that was a time where even the media faithful in here would not believe it.

I come in here to get info that I may have missed, in the newspaper, on espn or the southwest sports report, or on sports radio. Plus I really do like reading all the QC bashing posts, and the henson dreams.
  10. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received

I know you were only joking....but for all that point out that he must have loved baseball more or loved baseball first......please remember that three out of the four QBs currently on our team chose a professional baseball life before they switched back to football.

Once again I know you were only joking.
  11. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,186 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received
    LOL, yeah, I suspected I'd get something like that back. Honestly, I think it will be for the Cowboys. I think you will be amazed at his abilities but I will not try to convince you of that. I will leave you to see for yourself as no amount of conversation will bring you to it. You will have to see it and that's cool.
  12. Tsgt Hendricks

Tsgt Hendricks Benched

253 Messages
    0 Likes Received

No problem.

You are right we already know what aikman can and did a good job when he was surrounded by enough talent, you are right he showed us. But he had to have that talent around him.
    My disagreement with others is that they act like he would have been able to do it without that talent around him, and they saw with their own eyes twice in his career that he could not, at the begining and at the end. He did a heck of a job guiding the ship, driving the bus if you.

We disagree, because I did not like aikman's style, but he was a Cowboy, so I accepted his style of play. It was just his style that I did not like. Classic pocket passers, do not appeal to me.

I'll take a mobile QB that considers himself a passer first any day, over a classic pocket passer.
    My main reason is if the play breaks down, or no one is open, the drop back passer has no potions but to throw the ball away, throw an int by forcing the ball or get sacked. I hate throwing the ball away, to me that is a wasted play, I want a playmaking QB, if it is not there run, pick up some yards at least we will be closer to the first down marker. it keeps the defense off balance too.

Let me add this too, all QBs make mistakes, Young and Old.
    Honestly, you do not think BP would have played Carter if he did not think Carter had the skills and ability to play and start in this league?
  13. Tsgt Hendricks

Tsgt Hendricks Benched

253 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Maaaaaaaaann, I was hot, one of my best friends is from Philly, we had a bet. From that day on I really started watching aikman, and I would find myself hollering at him to run at times when he had the opportunity to run and pick up a first down to keep drives going, or to get us closer to the first down marker, or he would throw the ball away, or get sacked, and then he would get pissed at the OL, or the receivers, throw the ball down in disgust, and pout on the sidelines by himself, I'm like come on man just run once in awhile and you will not feel like that.

It seems that started our, drives to the 20yard line and stall kick a field goal trend.

I just did not like his style, run somtimes that is all I asked.
  14. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,186 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received
    I don't believe his mental make up was behind Brady's and I would be interested in hearing how you might support this statement. In big games, when it counts, these two players are probably the best I have seen in some time at there positions. The bigger the game, the better they played for the most part.

Why can I not talk about Aikman and sacrifices he made? Is this subject taboo? Aikman, at that time, had the best passing numbers ever in playoff games and Superbowls. He had just QB'd us to two championships. Question, why wouldn't you try and lock him up long term after that? In retrospect, that contract was cheap in comparison to other contracts that were awarded to players later. It was a pretty smart move to sign him long term. It also shows what the mind set of the organization was about who the actual leader of that team was. Besides, Aikman restructred many time, even after that contract to allow for the team to extend or sign players. Aikman was many things but to suggest that it was all about money with him is, IMO, all wrong.
  15. Tsgt Hendricks

Tsgt Hendricks Benched

253 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Are you serious?
  16. Tsgt Hendricks

Tsgt Hendricks Benched

253 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I am clever. No question. You on the other hand think that you are clever. You try to sneak in a little flame here and there, you let others do it, but since I support Carter, you read my posts and something that you can't comprehend you automatically say I flamed someone or called them a racist.

How can I call anyone a racist, that is funny.
  17. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,770 Likes Received
    Just as you are. Again I'm not saying that it is the end all being a coaches son it is helpful for any player who was raised in that enviorment. As for physical abilities Henson has that and I don't think he will have a hard time grasping our offensive system. You like Carter and that is fine I don't think the guy is worth much to the Cowboys and I don't think he will get much better than he is right now and I do think the future of this club will be with Drew Henson.
  18. Tsgt Hendricks

Tsgt Hendricks Benched

253 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Yeah, You are right. I have to see it for myself. I have a hard time believing something I have never seen. It is not many people in this world that I will just take what they say and roll with it, I have never been that way and IMO it is too late to start now.

You see that no matter how much talking someone does to me, that I have to see it for myself.
  19. Tsgt Hendricks

Tsgt Hendricks Benched

253 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I want to ask you again are you serious, and why? But I can see that you really believe that henson is good.

so be it.

Just like I feel the future is already QB and he will remain. he has not even reaached his full potential yet.
  20. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,770 Likes Received
    Why do you think Parcells has came out and talking about why he like working with players who fathers are coaches? If it was not a help to the player then I doubt Parcells would have ever said anything about it. As far as the physical abilities Henson has that big time. Mark my words Carters days are numbered you may not want to face it but it will happen.