1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ed Werder: Speculates Romo is waiting for Flacco deal

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 22, 2013.

1. DoomsDayD

DoomsDayD Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    GOOD GOODBYE...let him leave next season. What good does it do for this team to go 8-8 or 9-7 ever year and just have excuse after excuse build up on to why we dont succeed. People on this board just amaze me at times...the homerism is astonishing.
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,890 Messages
    7,635 Likes Received
    We've officially reached the point of the offseason when the bizzarro Romo takes start showing up. That's a good sign the healing has started and recovery for all our hurt feelings can't be far behind.
  3. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    You folks started those a long time ago. You know, how he can lead us to a Super Bowl.:p:
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,382 Likes Received
    The easiest thing to say is that a QB will never lead his team to a SuperBowl.
    The odds outrageously against it happening...on average.
    Only 7 active QBs have led their team to a SB win.
    My guess is there have been about 90-100 QBs in the league over that time period.

Until a guy wins a SB the naysayers will be right every year. It's the easy way out. It applies to all players.

For example
    Peyton Manning was in the league 8 years before he won a SB
    Drew Brees for 9 years
    Evena young guy like Flaco, whos team was good enought to go tothe playoffs 5 straight year (so five chances)...naysayers would have been correct until this year.

Any naysayer was correct in saying they won't win a SB until they actually won one.
  5. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,247 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    Super bowl? That is laughable. I would settle for a playoff appearance. Heck, I would settle for putting up a valiant effort in a win or your in game.. even if we lost it.
  6. noshame

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    Look, this is easy, just convince me that Romo has shown that he is capable of winning 3-4 pressure filled play-off games in a row. I will leap back on the band wagon. I can't imagine that happening in my wildest dreams.
  7. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

990 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    sometimes you ppl crack me up.. i heard you loose weight with laughter
  8. DFWJC

23,507 Messages
    2,382 Likes Received
    Up until this year, did Flacco show you that? He was a horrible playoff QB who rode the coattails of his team. But then this year...boom..he got it together for three games.

Are you saying the same thing about Matt Ryan?

How about the 60 other QBs in the league who haven't won a SB or strung together 3-4 games in a row of "pressure-filled" games?

If you say no to all of them too. You have an argument.

The sample size is too small to say Romo can't do it in the playoffs...and other than in 2007, the team has not been that great either. I understand part of that is his and the team's fault to not get those chances.
    But if you get multiple chances--I think he and team has 3 trips to the playoffs and advanced once...came within inches of advancding all three times--your odds go way up of breaking through.
  9. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,700 Messages
    727 Likes Received
    :: crickets::
  10. DFWJC

23,507 Messages
    2,382 Likes Received
    No crickets...read the friggin post.
  11. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,152 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    Kap is a great athlete but until he can throw to both sides of the field he can't be mentioned as a top QB. How many times in the SB did he throw to the left side of the field? If I'm not mistaken the answer is zero. And I believe on that last drive Moss was wide open on the back side slant several times. How bad would have Romo been BBQ'd for missing that.
  12. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,700 Messages
    727 Likes Received
    Romo's game will always be flawed in that he can never be trusted to string together solid play in the win and in games. He is a tease. He will show spectacular play only to turn around and lose in Tony fashion.

Flacco deserves to get paid. He earned it.

Romo has earned the nickname Tony Turnover.
  13. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,143 Messages
    830 Likes Received
    Uh, he's done that.
  14. Idgit

31,890 Messages
    7,635 Likes Received
    Obligatory "What do you mean, 'you people'?"

Tony Romo's a very good QB, and at this point, it's hardly debatable, but if believing the opposite for no apparent reason helps you stay healthy, then I'm very happy for you.

I do think it's interesting how this pattern repeats itself every offseason. First, we're pissed at Jerry, then the HC, and then it eventually shifts to the QB. Then we get excited for the draft/FA, then get pissed at Jerry again for the draft/FA, then, gradually, get excited for the season to start and stay happy until we lose our first game and then all Hell breaks loose again. You can set your watch by it. "Is it March yet? Because March is when some of us like to bash on our QB."
  15. noshame

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    Flacco is 28, you know, when young QB's tend to learn the game and mature.

Tony is 33, he does not have a strong arm, quick release, but not a strong arm. Flacco just went through the play-offs throwing soomething like 11 TDs vs 0 ints, do you ever see Tony coming close to that? Seriously?

Come on, if we don't find a blue chip QB in the next year, we'll be crying the blues. We'll have a over-paid QB, who, I predict will be out of the league or a back-up at best by the end of 2014.
  16. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,152 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    Yes that is so true what you posted!
  17. weaver21

weaver21 Active Member

687 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Wow... that's all I gotta say.
  18. Idgit

31,890 Messages
    7,635 Likes Received
    Isn't it, though? There's something about how the group psychology that cycles frustration downhill. Owner/GM, HC, QB. As we get tired of chewing the bones of the old argument, the next victim is dug up and brought in. It's kind of interesting if you remove yourself from the silliness of some of the criticism and just step back and admire the pattern.

I wonder what would happen in the offseason if the team were to win it all sometime. I imagine it'd be a similar cycle with abbreviated praise for Jones, and the long rhapsodic cycles overvaluing the contributions of the HC and the QB. It'd be fun to find out. :)
  19. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Flacco had never had a run like that. He has been pretty awful in his previous 4 playoff starts. Nibody expected him to carry that team like he did. Ravens fans sure didn't.

It took peyton 8 years as a starter, brees 9 years, elway 13 years. Difler, rypien, doug williams and brad johnson all won sbs and romo is a hell of a lot better than those clowns. I see no reason he cant make a run in the post season.players do figure it out, it does happen.

And if you honestly think tony is a backup or out of the league in two years... well ill take that bet any day.
  20. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,957 Messages
    1,226 Likes Received
    The Raiders gave up two #1's for Carson Palmer who has an 0-2 playoff record. Trust me if Romo was available on the open market he would be snapped up quick. Regardless of his issues in crunch games he's one of the most productive QB's in the league.

He consistently puts up over 4000 yards, 26+ TD's and his completion percentage is over 65% practically every year plus his career passer rating is in the top 5 all-time. He's a top 10 QB so yes teams would rush to sign him.