1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Eddie George on NFL Network...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Irving Cowboy, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,588 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    He was a commentator for the game between the Titans & Packers, and one of the guys mentioned how glad they were to have him in the booth, mentioned how he was with the Titans for 8 years and a Dallas Cowboy last year, and Eddie interjected "Don't ever mention Dallas again..." Then he started backtracking saying "The city is great" and all the usual stuff... even his pal in the booth said he was backpedaling....

Hey Eddie, we feel the same way about you...
  2. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

3,079 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    YES WE DO.

eddie was pure garbage here.
  3. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,207 Messages
    1,248 Likes Received
    Watching Eddie run the ball last year, backpedaling seems to be his forte.

Rich........
  4. underdark

underdark Member

501 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    yeah, we only have unconditional love for cowboys players who TRY
  5. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If EG had had the brains and humilty to admit he was finished when the Titans cut him, he wouldn't have had to suffer the indignity of his embarrassment last year

Instead, he's blaming Bill and Jerry for giving him a chance he didn't deserve?

I don't blame him for not wanting Dallas mentioned - I'd want to forget it too.

His tenure here was a perfect example of a once elite athlete choosing to humiliate himself because he just won't admit the truth - that it's OVER, baby, over.
  6. JDSmith

JDSmith Active Member

1,672 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he tried, he just couldn't get it done. I also think he got plenty of opportunities, he simply didn't produces when he got them. And when Julius comes in and plays behind the same line and gets almost a full yard more per carry, the writing is on the wall. EG just didn't want to accept that his time had passed - and probably still doesn't.
  7. Nerm

Nerm New Member

297 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    EG looked like he was running in two feet of water when he had the ball. Talk about slow.
  8. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,781 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    You nailed it!!! In addition, Eddie should of realized that NO OTHER TEAM WANTED HIM THIS YEAR EITHER ...thus his demotion to the local Titans tv coverage..he is aweful on there too ..:)
  9. MRTRIPOD

MRTRIPOD New Member

338 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    eddie ran like an old woman

one hit and he was down

he was SLOW and could not catch

its pathetic when we were calling for rashard lee to get carries over him
  10. mullet

mullet Member

841 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    well said, and so true.
  11. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    EG......at one time you were a great RB but you should have known it was time too:

"Turn out the lights the party's over"
  12. cwbyfan72

cwbyfan72 Active Member

892 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    I remember watching holes open in the running game and thinking " holy crap here it goes", and that snail that wore 27 would gain 2 yards.....then watching JJ explode through those holes! Was his excuse the old Wiley " they didnt use me right"? PLease......stay yer a-- in the booth and keep our team out of yer mouth.
  13. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,827 Messages
    427 Likes Received
    I don't blame him. He made a lot more money standing on sidelines then he was making as a commentator. I would bet he cashed all of the game checks they issued to him.
  14. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

1,919 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Good point...
  15. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,698 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    I've always liked EG, but he was horrid here. I was okay with bringing him in because I thought he could the the 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 yards for us on a regular basis. Something we were not doing well. But he couldn't even do that.

Eddie was totally used up before last year.
  16. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,016 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I would just ask him to return the million $$ Jerry gave him for NOTHING and then he can say whatever he wants about Jerry, Parcells, the team, etc. Guess he forgot about that, huh?

Is that fair enough?
  17. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,599 Messages
    854 Likes Received

Gosh, those where the days ;)
  18. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,449 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    *rimshot

:lmao2:
  19. DeWare94

DeWare94 Member

953 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    if you saw him on NFL Total Access you'd know that he can't DJ either. He can't do nothing right.
  20. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey he was pretty good in the first 5 minutes of that one Steven Segal film he did...right up till his character got shot in the head and killed. Maybe he can be an actor; after all he was a good enough actor to get his hands on some of Jerry's millions.