1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Elderly Health Care---Accept Conditions that come w/ age

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by sbark, Feb 9, 2009.

1. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,483 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&refer=columnist_mcc...

Hidden Provisions

If the Obama administration’s economic stimulus bill passes the Senate in its current form, seniors in the U.S. will face similar rationing. Defenders of the system say that individuals benefit in younger years and sacrifice later.

Elderly Hardest Hit

Daschle says health-care reform “will not be pain free.” Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age instead of treating them. That means the elderly will bear the brunt.

Medicare now pays for treatments deemed safe and effective. The stimulus bill would change that and apply a cost- effectiveness standard set by the Federal Council (464).

........so Pelosi finally figured out that Health care saving does not come form Abortions....but from cutting of Senior Citizens from care..........but why do I think they will let you vote ahead 12 yrs....and posthumously count your votes.......ala Al Frankken
  2. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Death Party.
  3. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    so it's wrong for trying to live a full and long life? that would never had been passed if this had been passed to the voters, as most voters are Senior Citizens
  4. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

33,273 Messages
    926 Likes Received

Yep. What's sad is that Seniors voted for President Obama based on what he said he would do with the Health Care industry.
  5. sbark

3,483 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    .....People are digging into this bill in a frenzy.....and yet why do I get the feeling we are seeing and hearing only the tip of the iceberg........

there will be stuff hidden away in this bill that will make peoples head swim and those with the right party affilication checkbooks swim....
  6. sbark

3,483 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Sounds like the elderly dont have but a prayer in this scenario.......

I've got the name coined for Obama Health Care.

Single Prayer Health Care.........;)
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt °¤~Cold Eternal~¤° Staff Member

58,851 Messages
    1,775 Likes Received
    Screw the elderly all they do is drain our tax dollars with all of their medications prescribed by doctors when most of the time they only need half of the medications and the others are for side effects of the other medications.

Why should we have to pay for these old sick farts? I don't want my tax dollars going to them. What I pay into taking care of myself later in life is being used for these old people.

Maybe they need to work a little longer because by the time we reach age enough to reap the benefits for our SS we will wind up being 85-90 years old so they can work a little longer now.

I have to pay extra taxes for these old people that just want to sit on the sofa. To heck with them.
  8. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Make sure you are on time for your brown shirt fitting appointment.
  9. sbark

3,483 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    :eek: ....wow maybe they dont even have a prayer at all.......looking for the "sar" hidden in there somewhere......
  10. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,707 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    You sound like this guy I know. But you are just a little more over the top.
  11. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    :eek:
  12. notherbob

notherbob Active Member

2,852 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    So, Paint, how do you think you will feel about this issue when you retire and it's your medications they want to cut? :confused: :eek:: :confused:

I do agree about half the medications being necessary to treat the side effects of the other medications. Maybe people need to look into more natural medications that don't have the awful side effects. Too many of us throw ourselves into the care of the mainstream medical system without realizing its purpose is to maximize profits not cure people. It used to be to cure people at the lowest cost but that went out the window right after hospitals became for profit institutions and doctors began to incorporate.

Welcome to the 21st century. All the old stuff doesn't apply anymore, it's a whole new ball game. :eek:
  13. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Yeah, I'm going to be upset with this whole thing if it turns out that the elderly get shafted. Old folks voted for him and he made that promise and if it gets passed w/o assistance to the elderly, then there is a moral issue with prioritizing our priorities so-to-speak.
  14. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,707 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Silverbear should be very worried. You know, with his blood pressure condition and all of his other issues. Measured health care. Who believes government run health care is the answer?
  15. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt °¤~Cold Eternal~¤° Staff Member

58,851 Messages
    1,775 Likes Received
    You guys really need to check the batteries in your sarcasm meter. I thought it was kind of obvious I was making fun of some that were always complaining about anything and everything that was taking money through taxes.
  16. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It went over thier heads Brain. I was going to suggest combining this problem with global warming. With all the ice breaking away, we could start putting the elderly out to sea like the Eskomo's used to do when they became a burden.:D
  17. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,652 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    I remember this issue during Sen. Logan's Run for congress...

He had a plan for renewal, but realized we all just die...
  18. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

33,273 Messages
    926 Likes Received
    Tit for Tat Brain. We spent 8 years listening to the same thing on Bush. Not much battery checking going on then as I recall.

You get what you give in many cases and I think that this is going to be one of those times where the Right is going to give as good as they got from the Left.
  19. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hey! Leave Ice outta this....;)
  20. sbark

3,483 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Question.........If the democrats are going to target elderly as a way to allocate efficient health care costs.....

Does that mean they will also "allocate" resources to Life sentence Prison Inmates, convicted child molestors, etc etc...........

:confused: