1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eli and Giants falling off, will they collapse like history suggests?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by EvilJerry88, Nov 5, 2012.

1. EvilJerry88

EvilJerry88 Active Member

355 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Year First half -Second half
    2012 6-2 ???
    2011 6-2 3-5
    2010 6-2 4-4
    2009 5-3 3-5
    2008 7-1 5-3
    2007 6-2 4-4
    2006 6-2 2-6
    2005 6-2 5-3
    2004 5-3 1-7

New York has always started off fast under Coughlin, but has never been a strong finisher, as you can see by their second half records.

Eli's play has been getting worse over the past 5 games as you can see with his passer rating over those games.

103.3, 87.4, 78.9, 58.4, 41.1....

Do you see a trend here?

Can the Giants hold on? Where do you believe the Giants will finish? Who will win the NFC East? Surely the division can only produce one play off team...
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I'd be shocked if they don't win the division.
  3. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,193 Messages
    1,122 Likes Received
    I agree. They'll be in the playoffs. Division is theirs to lose.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,959 Messages
    3,903 Likes Received
    They're in the cat-bird seat. By the width of Dez's finger. Otherwise, I'd say someone would have a good chance to catch them. They're going to rack up some losses in the next few weeks.
  5. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,162 Messages
    1,790 Likes Received
    if by "falling off" you mean "win another SB"

i can only wish we could fall off like that
  6. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,790 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Giants will win the division for sure. I couldve swore it was the cowboys out there in the 4th quarter vs pitt. Gave that game away.
  7. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,883 Messages
    1,661 Likes Received
    I hope history doesn't suggest anything.

Fall off towards the end and get red hot in the playoffs isn't something I want to see again.
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,836 Messages
    5,414 Likes Received
    Two Super Bowl titles. Weak finisher.
  9. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,711 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    They will probably fall right into another super bowl victory. If that is falling, I hope the Cowboys starting falling soon.
  10. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    with the NFC east so weak this year, after tonight's game, I think they pretty much have it in the bag.

I would say they will be the only team with a winning record in the East.
  11. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,802 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    Exactly
  12. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

679 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    I expect a 3-4 finish but it could be 2-5 if we lose against Cincy this week.

Here are our remaining games and my predictions

@Cincy - W
    Packers - L
    @Redskins - L
    Saints - W
    @Falcons - L
    @Ravens - L
    Eagles - W
  13. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Member

245 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    You gotta remember Nicks is injured (not practicing)....Bernard just came back...Rivers is out...Blackburn is out...Williams is out...Will Hill just came back...and most of all Eli was out these past 3 weeks....Nah....I think they'll finish 12-4 or 11-5 and repeat, or get damn close to it.
    I see it:
    Cincy - W
    Packers - L
    Redskins - W
    Saints - W
    Falcons - W-L (?)
    Ravens - W
    Eagles - W
  14. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    9-7 or 10-6. Cowboys exposed the gnats. Steelers took advantage of it. Look for more crap performances by Eli and crew.
  15. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Member

245 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Spoken like a sore loser.
  16. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,894 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    Why are you on here again.....
  17. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    We spot you 6 turnovers, and you barely hang on for a win? Take a look at Eli's stats the last few weeks. Gnats are not a very good team. Laugh at us all you want, you ain't running away with this. Expect to be disappointed this second half of the season.
  18. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

679 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    I hope you are right bro. I will take 10-6 in a heartbeat but so difficult.

Cincy and Packers. We are thinking the same.

We will lose to Redskins just because it is Shanahan and the guy knows how to stop Giants.

Saints will be fighting for a wild card so expect them to be on all cylinders.

Falcons will look for revenge since we embarrassed them last year.

Ravens are always tough on the road.

We will beat Eagles since it will be the game deciding our play off chances.

But again I hope you are right.
  19. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The New York Football Giants are a great football team. Best in football until a team dethrones them. I hate them, but I also have a tremendous amount if respect got them because they're everything I wish the Cowboys were. A disciplined football team that doesn't make mistakes. They know how to execute in the fourth quarter. That's really the difference between the Cowboys and Giants. Both are equal talent wise in fact Dallas may have ,ore talent, but we just can't execute down the stretch consistently like they can. We beat ourselves far too often.

I hate Eli Manning mostly because he's destroy us in years past, but the guy is a great football player. One of the best at the quarterback position and in general no doubt about it. He may not be the best statistically, but he knows how to get the job done in crunch time. Now he has gotten some lucky breaks no doubt, but he also has taken advantage of those breaks as have the Giants as a team. Eli is just one of those players that can play horrible all game and then the fourth quarter comes and he just plays terrific and gets his team a victory.

Another thing the Giants have over the Cowboys is coaching. Now Tom Coughlin has certainly been on the hot seat before, but every time he is he coaches his team deep into the playoffs. Missed the playoffs two seasons in a row and it looked like it would happen a third time. He stayed the course however, kept coaching his football team, and all of sudden he won his second Super Bowl with the Giants. He knows how to motivate his team. He's a great game manager. He trusts his quarterback. More often than not he puts the ball in Eli's hands and trusts that he'll lead the team yo victory. Because of that very reason he's been very successful.

It is true that the Giants have had some end of seasons collapses and they do have a relatively tough schedule in the second half of the season. They did lose to Pittsburgh, but that is not something to be ashamed of. The Steelers are another terrific football team that could very well meet the Giants in the Super Bowl in February. The Giants could very well collapse again, but they also could do exactly what they did last season. Get hot, and into the playoffs and win yet another Super Bowl. Hopefully it's the first one and not the latter. It would really make me sick in the stomache to see them win another Super Bowl. It's a realistically possibility. The Giants just know how to get it done and time will tell if they can do it again.
  20. Tezz

Tezz Member

357 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    The Giants haven't had their bye yet to regroup