1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eli or Peyton?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Shunpike, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

679 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    Who would you want to be your QB in the playoffs?
  2. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    It's close...it's a lot closer than I thought it would be. That was an incredibly dumb throw by Peyton. It was Favre/Romo-like! Peyton may just end up being another Favre when all is said and done. Fantastic career/stats but only 1 championship to show for it
  3. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Active Member

942 Messages
    113 Likes Received
    Eli, Peyton has a history of making too many mistakes in big games. I posted on my Facebook if they should run Peyton out of Denver. I mean, he turned the ball over four times and cost them the game like Romo did.
  4. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

679 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    You might think I am biased since I am a Giants fan but I haven't seen Eli make such a dumb throw in such a situation
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,160 Messages
    1,292 Likes Received
    The Helmet play is the closest I have seen Eli make a play that could have gone either way in a playoff when it counted the most. Eli has had some stinkers in playoff games but Peyton has consistently stank in playoff games so as much as I hate to say it I would take Eli
  6. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

679 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    Yea but that was a desperation throw in the last drive of a superbowl. Game was on the line and he still delivered. I now realize how far Eli is ahead of his brother in such situations
  7. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,061 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Eli Manning
  8. tyke1doe

19,061 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    But the Helmet throw asn't a dumb throw. The Giants needed to continue that drive to win the Super Bowl. You sometimes have to take those risks.

Peyton threw a ball he had no business throwing in a tie game in overtime. You play the percentages then punt deep to the Ravens hoping to make them drive the length of the field to score.
  9. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,762 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Peyton Manning and it isn't even close. Unless you have a lucky rabbit's foot.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,160 Messages
    1,292 Likes Received
    Desperation throw/Hail Mary

no difference

No QB should either get blame or credit for what happens on a play like that
  11. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,325 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    Eli has 8 playoff wins and in those games the Giants offense average just over 23 points per game and scored over 30 just once. Peyton has rarely had the luxury of his defense only giving up just over 15 points per game.
  12. tyke1doe

19,061 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    But Peyton has had the ball in his hand and has made some serious gaffes. Eli hasn't done so.

People can blame it on the defense if they want to. But if the ball is in the quarterback's hand, and he has to make a play, he can be turning it over to the opposing team.
  13. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,071 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    Eli has gotten it done MORE when it mattered MOST!

This cannot be refuted!

Manning lost that last SB.

Although the defense blew that game the other day. Manning hangs for it. The game should have ended in regulation. He should have won. But he didnt.
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,922 Messages
    1,667 Likes Received
    He didn't do it last year in the playoffs, but Eli has made more thorws like that in his career than most players....both in and ut of the playoffs.
  15. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,342 Messages
    167 Likes Received
    Peyton has way more responsibility put on his shoulders in a typical weekly game plan. He is asked to do more, and consequently is put in a position to fail more.