1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Emmitt Smith says criticism of Cowboys' Tony Romo not fair: 'This kid is running for

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MissouriCowboy, Feb 4, 2013.

1. MissouriCowboy

MissouriCowboy Active Member

456 Messages
    62 Likes Received
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,531 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    "Jimmy built something. Jimmy took a 1-15 team – or a team that was struggling in the late ‘80s – and built a dynasty there and won two Super Bowls with those teams."

No mention of Jerrah. lol

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android
  3. MissouriCowboy

456 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Jerrah gettn no love.
  4. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Member

271 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    No no no no! Not true...it's all Romo's fault. If he was any kind of REAL leader he would force his linemen to block better. That's what the Water-head Wonder Eli does.
  5. MissouriCowboy

456 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    :) so true
  6. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,885 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    Not Jerry's fault, Not Romo's fault, Not JG's fault, etc. Who's fault is it then?
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,491 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    Romo is a good player but after his flop in Washington he deserves a lot more criticism.

The line was good enough and he had an absolute freak out game on that stage.

I thought he was past that type of performance but the guy absolutely choked. I understand his coach didn't help him much but still.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,597 Messages
    5,320 Likes Received
    It's one of those things where we may never know what Emmitt really thinks on this particular topic.
  9. ufcrules1

6,885 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    100% agree with that! The truth is probably somewhere in the middle with what he thinks. What they say in interviews can't be trusted most of the time.
  10. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,482 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    I know one thing for sure, this OL needs attention in this draft early and often.

If you Romo and the running game will have a chance, we MUST address that line properly this time.
  11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,690 Messages
    502 Likes Received
    Tony is a diamond surrounded by OL trash.

Had to...sorry.
  12. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Conveying coherent thought has never been Emmitt's strong suit. God love him though. One of the best ever.
  13. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,482 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    Classic...:laugh1::laugh2:
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,926 Messages
    2,146 Likes Received
    With failure as with success in a team enviroment you can start at the top and work your way down. Whose fault? Jerry, Jason and coaching staff and players including Romo. You want a single figure to point to but there is always enough blame to go around beyond 1 or 2 people.

Same with success it is never 1 man but everyone from the top on down who share in it.
  15. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,832 Messages
    2,685 Likes Received
    No doubt we've debacaled our O-line.
  16. ufcrules1

6,885 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    I agree with you. It 100% starts from the top and then works its way down. Emmitt saying it is crazy to blame Jerry speaks to his credibility on the subject.
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,597 Messages
    5,320 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Nicely done.
  18. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,695 Messages
    1,714 Likes Received
    Simply put, if Romo played in Baltimore or San Francisco, he would have played in a Super Bowl yesterday. He's plenty good enough to get there.

The criticism he gets is just ground clutter from knee-jerk, know-nothing, reactionary, typical overreaction of fans. Especially Cowboys fans, who are among the densest out there.

Romo does everything for this team all by himself. Now, if they can finally put an offensive line in front of him, I can't wait to see where this goes.
  19. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    and of course you THINK you know more than Emmitt does.
  20. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,926 Messages
    2,146 Likes Received
    To soley blame Jerry is a bit off. There are things Jerry has done over the years I have not agreed with. However there are many things I have agreed with.