1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Emmitt's first appearance on Total Access

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Qwickdraw, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    IMO... he was pretty bad.
    Coughing during highlights. Trouble finding the right words. Irrelevant points on analyses.
    Everything that is to be expected for his first time.

He did chant, "Lets go boys. Lets go boys!" during the Cowboys highlights though.

I'm not bashing him. Just stating that he doesn't seem to be a natural at it like some players are.
    Maybe Woody?
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    526 Likes Received
    So he pretty much fits in perfect with Rod Woodson and Terrell Davis? :D
  3. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,713 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    He did well not the best but better than most. Most importantly he didn't try to hide his loyalty to the Boyz, that earned him extra in my eyes.
  4. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I love Emmitt but he was terrible lastnight. Much of the time he didnt even know what they were talking about. Like the list of of teams who were in the SB but didnt win and the next year they lose the opening game of the season. Emmitt says "You dont see Dallas on that list" and TD says "This is the list you dont want to be on" and E says "Thats right". I laughed. It was so obvious and Emmitt says "Thats right". It was like a moment you would say uuhhhhhhh OK!! Moving right along.
  5. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,937 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Unfortunately for Emmitt, that's about as good as it is gonna get... :(
  6. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    You guys are pretty critical. I don't see where he did that bad of a job. The losses to Pittsburgh were before his time. When he played for the Boys, they didn't lose in a Superbowl, cut the man some slack. I've seen John Madden literally forget what he was talking about during game commentary, and after a moment of awkward silence he asked Michaels, "What was I just talking about?"

Like something out of a Cheech and Chong movie. Point is, even the greats slip up sometimes. Emmitt still has a little of that street talk in him, but other than that, he did fine.
  7. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,105 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Give him some time guys. Was his 1st run for 74 yards and a TD ?
  8. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Emmitt has a thick tongue.
  9. JBRockBottom31

JBRockBottom31 Member

427 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LMAO I thought the same thing, barely sitting on the chair, hahaha, when TD corrected Emmitt's pronouncation of Terrell was classic
  10. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,937 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    I wish Emmitt nothing but the best... he just isn't a good public speaker... never has been...
  11. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Ding Ding Ding !!! Never has been. We arent dumping on Emmitt. We all love him. Hes just not going to wow folks w/ his public speaking.

He made me laugh in a good way lastnight. It was like a little kid being on TV the first time. It was funny.

"Lets go Boys-Lets go Boys" CLASSIC !! :lmao2:
  12. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Thats the truth. Thats why I dont expect success in that venture of his.
  13. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Never know, he might improve with time.
  14. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    True, you can never say never. But I think Emmit is just trying to follow Troy,Moose, Irvin etc. rather than really thinking about how well he fits in there. We'll have to wait and see. Its not like NFL network has great analysts on their cast. So he might fit in just fine.
  15. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,898 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    the difference is Emmitt will not settel for being like them he will work with speach coaches and anyone to make himself the BEST in the business. IMO
  16. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Honestly, I never thought Aikman would make it in the booth, so who knows what Emmitt will do, but I'll agree with some of the others that he has never really impressed me as a talented public speaker. I knew Irvin had a career somewhere on TV. There's to much natural charisma in him. I knew Nate Newton and Moose would also be somewhere. Same for Woody. I never pictured Emmitt as a TV guy after his career.
  17. Waffle

Waffle Not Just For Breakfast Anymore

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I guess he's good enough to earn $20,000 a pop in some instances. :D
  18. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    This is the sort of thing that'll motivate Emmitt to improve and become better at the analyst gig. He's been hearing that he wasn't good enough, or big enough, or fast enough his entire career. Now you can add "He doesn't speak well enough" to the list.
  19. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    526 Likes Received

Why, cuz he was a cowboy and the other two weren't? Oh ok.

:rolleyes:
  20. Cowchick

Cowchick Member

104 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    He didn't do that bad IMO. I enjoyed hearing him refer to the team as "my Cowboys".