1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

End of Week 5: 6th pick

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Oct 10, 2010.

1. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Dallas currently owns the 6th pick. Who do you take?
  2. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Derek Sherrod Mississippi State LOT 6'6"

or

Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU

and as much help as we need on the O line I take Sherrod

an FS we can get with the 2nd pick
  3. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Assuming we resign Spears, Kosier, Sensy.........

I take Patrick Peterson CB/PR/KR LSU.

We have 2 CB's who are afraid to play the ball in the air (Newman/Scandrick) and one who is playing like Mario Edwards right now.

PP takes Scandrick's place in the nickel right away and takes Newman's job in a few years. Helps in return game immediately.

Then I look for future LG like Ijalana or Boling.
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    I take Patrick Peterson, LSU, and guessing that he'll be gone before that, I take Rahim Moore of UCLA.

Next pick I take an OG.

If we move back a bit, I want LaMichael James.

If none of those are available, I take a QB, because the window is closing. We need to develop someone quickly.
  5. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like Rahim Moore a lot but 6 seems really high.
  6. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    I say that assuming that Patrick Peterson will be gone by then. If not, it's a no brainer. Trade/cut/waive Scandrick and take Peterson, and make both CB spots an open competition. I expect Newman to win his spot, because he's just simply better, but Jenkins vs. Peterson would be interesting.

Rahim Moore is a ball-hawk and has sticky hands. His closing speed is elite too.
  7. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Peterson will def be gone by 6, and that's waaaaaaay waaaaaay to high for Moore. He's not even the top FS this year. Much rather wait till the 2nd and pick up Deunta Williams or Jeff Demps and select prince with our first pick. Him and Peterson are essentially on the same level...
  8. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,916 Messages
    340 Likes Received
  9. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    idk, but i like your interview list, except i dont believe shotty is ready to be a head coach
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    At the rate Dallas is losing games , they will be able to pick anybody they want.
  11. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,784 Messages
    582 Likes Received
    Peterson could be there at 6th if teams fall in love with the QB's (Luck, Locker, Mallett). Otherwise, 6th looks like no man's land right now (long way before the draft though). If Peterson is gone it would definitely be time to trade down. Rahim Moore looks more like 15-25 range.

We don't need a QB or WR. No o-linemen currently have the look of a top 10 sure thing pick. Our d-linemen are space takers so why in the world would we draft one that high? Pass-rushers are always nice but we have 2 first-round picks and 2 fourth-round picks worth of investments in our current OLB's. A play-making ILB with nastiness would be welcomed but again, I don't see anyone now worthy of a top 10 pick. Prince Amukamara, the CB from Nebraska, is shooting up a lot of people's boards right now.
  12. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Until the combine, it is anybody`s guess on how these prospects will be rated. I would like to see the the o-line problem addressed with 2 or 3 picks but wouldn`t be surprised to see it ignored again. Right now the top o-line prospects are rated late in the first round to early in the second. I`m sure that will change before the draft.
  13. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,342 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Defensive playmaker (safety or LB) in the 1st round. Offensive line in the 2nd and 3rd. Yes, I said LB. I'd really like to upgrade from Bradie James...
  14. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Not only is 6 a reach for Moore, but there's a good chance he'll be there w/ the 6th pick in the 2nd round. If a couple of key underclassmen declare, this will be a deep draft for safeties (for DBs in general).

At the moment, I'd probably trade down a few spots and pick up Barksdale to plat RT.

Or I may look at Quinn from NC, though he's not a need. Actually there are a number of talented NC defensive players that may be available for a bargain w/ the current investigation.

Like everyone else, I'd love to get Peterson, but I think he's going top three at this point. If we do go CB, Prince Amukamara seems more likely.
  15. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I will put money that

Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 305.

will be the top OT taken in the top ten

what have I always heard from some of you get the Best Player Available
  16. rkell87

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    ok dude we get it you like derek sherrod you dont need to spam him in every draft thread.
  17. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    QB? at #6? come on now.
  18. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    better get used to it DUDE

I have him as my number one guy

just for you

Sherrod Named SEC Offensive Lineman Of The Week

STARKVILLE, Miss. - For the second time in three weeks, Mississippi State's Derek Sherrod was named the Southeastern Conference offensive lineman of the week, the league office announced Monday.

Sherrod, a Columbus, Miss., native who starred at Caledonia High School, posted a 96 percent blocking grade with seven knockdowns in State's 47-24 victory over Houston on Saturday. The 6-6, 300 pound left tackle helped pave the way for the Bulldog offense to rush for 409 yards, the most by a Mississippi State team since 1992. The Bulldog rushing attack also scored a season-best five touchdowns, including three by running back Vick Ballard who leads the SEC with 11 rushing scores.
  19. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Shouldn't it be Dick Buttkiss? :D
  20. rkell87

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    i understand man i looked him up after you posted him in in everythread in here, but you dont need to post him in every thread.