1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Envy is a cruel thing.

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,812 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    I have never felt this envious in my life. It's well known I live in NY, so I was at my friends house surrounded by giants fans. Throughout the entire night I must've said "you wouldn't even be in the playoffs if not for our coachs gaffe. Icing our own kicker.". Throughout the night I put down the Giants time an time again, but in the end they won. The happiness and joy all of those Giants fans felt in that moment led me to be bitterly envious. I want that for the Cowboys fanbase, I want that for Romo, Witten, Ware. The joy of winning a superbowl is uncomparable. The sad part is we had all the peices, luckily we still do. However you can not turn back time, age will begin to be a part of the equation. 2012 is our last shot with this core, it is truly super bowl or bust.
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,587 Messages
    1,912 Likes Received
    How many times are you going to make the same thread or post the same post with a different guise?
  3. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Until the powers that be capitulate to reinstating the political zone for him? :p:
  4. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    perrykemp 2.0.
  5. twentytwo

twentytwo Member

564 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know what you mean. Watched the game with a good friend of mine who is a Giants fan. He's a good fan though... and there is some mutual respect between us and our passion as fans.

It almost hurt more to talk with him and hear him say that the Cowboys deserve a Super Bowl win and that he thinks we'll get one.

But I disagree that 2012 is our last shot. I think we have a solid 4 years left with Romo, Witten, Ware, etc. Maybe 3. But Maybe 5. I don't think next year is our year, but I think we make strides and we have a chance. I think 2013 should be a year that we should expect greatness.
  6. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,268 Messages
    315 Likes Received
    R2A is at least a Dallas fan, right?
  7. Tricericon

Tricericon Member

874 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Let 'em have their moment. I'd still rather be us than them.
  8. IheartRomo

IheartRomo Member

512 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'm in the same position as you, OP. I live in NY and have never seen any success from the Cowboys other than one playoff win (which was amazing).

I would be able to handle this if I knew what it felt like to be on the other side. I guess the wait will make it that much sweeter when the day comes though.
  9. beevomav

beevomav Active Member

274 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    I might find myself living in New York but I'll be darned if I would surround myself with Giants fans. Friends or not, no way no how. That's on you.:lmao:
  10. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Romo, Ware, and Witten have at least 3 years of elite play left thus our window is more than one year.
  11. Trajan

Trajan Active Member

668 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    But how many years does Jerry have left ? If it is more than 3 our window is closed already.
  12. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,570 Messages
    1,663 Likes Received
    Kainzeans.
  13. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dang RMK's are everywhere. You see the latest idea based on your idea? She always was a hottie in her summoned form.
  14. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Not enough facepalms in the world to cover R2A's posts. Good Lord..
  15. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,166 Messages
    1,106 Likes Received
    In the NFL, once you hit 30, there are no guarantees in terms of elite play.

Having said that, I feel like Romo and Ware will be very good for at least 3 years. Witten I worry a bit about because, despite his consistent numbers, his overall athleticism seems to have dropped a bit as he has aged.
  16. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,711 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    This is there 2nd "moment" in 4 years.

I hope I don't have to go through this in another 4 years.:banghead:
  17. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,675 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    I bet your brothers friends think of you the same way most on here do.
  18. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Next year it won't mean a thing (to me anyway). Look at the Packers - I thought they would repeat again this year and that didn't happen. The Giants will be disappointed somewhere in the future. It's the nature of the game. All 32 teams want to win the Super Bowl. I'm still wondering how a 9-7 team managed to do it. Lucky jerks! :laugh2: A couple of those games were handed to them by mistakes on opponent's teams.

I'm ready for the COWBOYS to have their time in the spotlight again. :starspin
  19. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,812 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Wasn't my brothers' friends, but thanks. Were did you watch it? Home alone?
  20. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,042 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    i was also feeling a little envious too. i think this teams core players still have two years left them. after that it could be a very long time until the cowboys have a chance to compete with great teams.