1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Eric Carabel talks about Peerless

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CactusCowboy, Sep 6, 2005.

1. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Eric Carabel, ESPN Fantasy expert, just said you should pick up Price, says he is definetely not finished and sees him with 60+ catches and 7-9 td's

Sees him as a legitimate threat for DALLAS
  2. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing

4,080 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    60+ receptions?? Where are they going to come from? With Keyshawn, Glenn, Witten, Crayton and Julius all catching balls, I'd be happy if Peerless catches 30 balls and 5 TDs. The only way he catches more than 60 is if one of our top two receivers go down.
  3. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't shoot the messenger........:)
  4. Portland Fanatic

Portland Fanatic Active Member

4,459 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My first instincts are to agree with you...60+ is a stretch, but on the flip side I think he will play far more then many think. He is a very good WR...40-45 is not out of the realm of possibilities. I think one of our weaknesses just turned into a strength with the addition of Price. We have four very good receivers on this team now. I can't wait to see Glenn and Price out wide, with Key in the slot.
  5. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,885 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Yeah you can't count on Glenn going more than a few games a season.
  6. Billy Bullocks

Billy Bullocks Active Member

4,075 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    and everyone was *****in and moaning about WR this year. I dont start crying til the season starts..hopefully this year I can conserve Tissues and we will do well.
  7. Portland Fanatic

4,459 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Keep them close by...hopefully they will be tears of joy! :)

As in ...we got a sack, or TD to Price....
  8. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think there is enough football to go around. Most receivers just want to know that if they get open that they will get the ball thrown their way. With Bledsoe, I think that will be the case.

But I also think that while everyone has been talking about this being a very run-oriented offense, that the passing game is going to be more important and better that some have expected. If the preseason is any indication, teams are going to stack the box to stop Julius. Bledsoe is going to need to hit a couple of throws to soften the defense. When that happens, I think Julius is going to have a field day. I just don't think this is going to be a run first, run second, throw third kind of team. I think Bill will keep it very balanced, and I think these receivers are going to be a great help to the team.
  9. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,864 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Fans want their teams to go to the playoffs. Marvin Harrison, Hines Ward, Plaxico Burress, Randy Moss, Torry Holt, Javon Walker, Terrell Owens, Antonio Gates, and Alge Crumpler were all difference-making receivers who took their teams to the playoffs. Kind of silly to not worry about the position, don't you think? Sure we could be a New York Jets, Denver Broncos, or New England Patriots that don't have the single dangerous receiving threat, but why take the chance?
  10. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    One other thing while I'm thinking about it...

The signing of Price might have just made Crayton the primary punt returner. That would allow him a couple more touches a game and allow the ball to be spread around a little better in the offense.
  11. Portland Fanatic

4,459 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If I were planning against the Boys I'd stack the box early too.... Frankly, I hope we come out throwing against SD....that will allow some lanes for JJ to get going.
  12. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received

:hammer:.............so do I
  13. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,465 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    I added Price in like round 16.
    This was the day before he signed.

My thinking is he will be the Boys big play WR.
    (duck from LTN's high heels)
  14. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,640 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    A physical OL, like BP wants them to be, will open holes against an 8 man front regardless. The team of the 90s did it.
  15. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In my dream world I have Dallas coming out in a shotgun 4 receiver set.

Lets air it out!!

No way SD's weak secondary would hang. After that we could do what we wanted.