1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eric Rogers WR

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Jul 21, 2013.

1. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,194 Messages
    762 Likes Received
    According to Garrett they have needed to hold him back because he does too much. So it's possible if he's taking it easy that he's doing it to try and stay healthy.
  2. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    He's a great player. I'm just talking about the position he gets on the ball. Sometimes he's in a position where he's open, but where the defender still has a good shot at intercepting the ball. This is due to his size. I've repeated myself, but I'm just clarifying what I was saying.
  3. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    These anti-Miles posts are hilarious. I could put Miles efficiency stats from last year side by side with a lot of NFL highly heralded players, and I bet a lot of people would be shocked. Percy Harvin is going to take the Seahawks to the Superbowl, while Miles Austin is a huge disappointment who parties too much to care because he got paid. It's amazing how much perception and hype overrules facts.
    jobberone likes this.
  4. Cumart21

Cumart21 Active Member

255 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    I'd like to see those stats please.
  5. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Player A in 2012
    119 Targets, 64 Receptions, 836 Yards, 7.02 ypa, 33 first downs, 9 catches of 20+ yards, 8 TDs.

Player B in 2012
    110 Targets, 49 Recpetions, 855 Yards, 7.77 ypa, 38 first downs, 16 catches of 20+ yards, 8 TDs.

Player C in 2012
    118 Targets, 66 Receptions, 943 Yards, 7.99 ypa, 48 first downs, 13 catches of 20+ yards, 6 TDs.

One of these players just signed a gigantic contract on open market as the premiere wide receiver in free agency, one of them is regarded as maybe the most electrifying young big play WR in the league , and another is a fat has-been loser who parties too much because he got paid.

Amazing how perception and q factor overrules raw facts.
    percyhoward and jobberone like this.
  6. Cumart21

Cumart21 Active Member

255 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Haha. I like it. I'm going to say Greg Jennings, Victor Cruz and Miles Awesome.... How'd I do?
  7. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Player A is Mike Wallace.

I'm guessing player B is Percy Harvin

Player C is Miles Austin.
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,996 Messages
    1,026 Likes Received
    Holmes couldnt catch a cold or run a route.
  9. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    The big problem with Holmes was that for a big guy he just didn't have good hands to make contested catches and couldn't generate the separation to make uncontested catches. Thus in the end he was a pretty limited player.
  10. gambit187

gambit187 Active Member

680 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    From what i'm seeing in media wise to me he might make the team as the 5th of 6....Beasley as the 6th, but its still to early....he has to have consistant practices and do something during pre-season...
  11. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

1,549 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    We need Miles this season. But he is likely gone after. Any decent two behind Dez should be able to put up similar stats to Austin without the constant owies. If Williams pans out this year he will be the 2 next year with youngsters Harris Beasley Rogers and or Coale behind him. Plus with our solid TE corps we don't need Austin's big salary after this year