1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ernie Sims - Sam Linebacker

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Galian Beast, Jan 14, 2013.

1. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,618 Messages
    146 Likes Received
  2. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,922 Messages
    1,503 Likes Received
    Yea I like Sims too. Lee, Carter and Sims will make a super fast LB core. After that, the only things we will need are better safeties and more pass rushers on the front line.
  3. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,018 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    That is reason enough to sign him, even as just a backup to Carter, because Carter has an i injury history. Sims could backup him up in the event Carter is not able to go. He shouldn't be expensive either.
  4. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,060 Messages
    1,757 Likes Received
    He is not good against the run. On the strongside that becomes more of a liability. We all saw him get driven back by FB and TE already.
  5. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,922 Messages
    1,503 Likes Received
    I think the only reason you don't sign Sims is if another team offers him starter's money.
  6. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I still would like to keep Spencer in the LB corp and I'd imagine he'd get the strongside if it were to occur. If not plug in Albright and at end I have no problem letting Crawford start
  7. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,957 Messages
    3,536 Likes Received
    I think he would be good as a will against the run although he's not remarkable. He has the speed to cover the flats, play the spread, and cover down the field. If he has better instincts than I think then he'll beat his competition.
  8. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,281 Messages
    361 Likes Received
    In a Tampa 2, Sims would not have to cover man to man. He could be Kam Chancellor like.

In any event, it makes no sense not to re-sign him if Cowboys are able. At the very least he is a better back up than Connor and a LBs corps of Sims-Lee-Carter is better than one with Albright or Wilbur. Both Albright and Wilbur are jags right now.
  9. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,041 Messages
    286 Likes Received
    Sims showed up quite well I thought.

I'd also like to see Albright given opportunity.

:star:rEdBaLL ExPreSS:star: