1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ESPN: Advantage Bridgewater

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by DFWJC, May 20, 2014.

1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,698 Messages
    2,049 Likes Received
    The article discusses how Teddy Bridgewater went to a great situation.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10956451/teddy-bridgewater-surpass-blake-bortles-johnny-manziel

--------------------------------
    "Minnesota Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater may not know the elation of being a top-five draft pick like Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles. Bridgewater also can't generate the same buzz that emanates from Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel, who sometimes seems like a one-man walking reality show. About the only thing Bridgewater can claim for himself -- at least when it comes to the signal-callers selected in this year's NFL draft -- is impossibly good fortune. A few years from now, when we look back at this rookie class, he'll ultimately be the best quarterback of the bunch."
    etc
    -----------------------------

Minnesota definitely screwed over Houston by trading up ahead of them at the end of Rd 1. Great move and worth the risk that late.
    Norv has a new student.
  2. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,496 Messages
    458 Likes Received
    Does Minny have a true #1 WR? Just curious...
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,698 Messages
    2,049 Likes Received
    The group as a whole is okay, but I don't think they quite have a true #1. There really aren't that many of those out there.

Their best receivers are:

Cordarrelle Patterson (on the way up, but not yet)
    Greg Jennings (on the way down)
    Jerome Simpson (okay 3rd WR)
    Kyle Rudolph (Pro Bowl level TE)

Bu then, having that line and Adrian Peterson makes all the WRs better.
  4. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,496 Messages
    458 Likes Received
    Sounds like they are prime to make some waves..
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,816 Messages
    5,528 Likes Received
    Jennings has had some injury issues, but he's still a heck of a veteran WR. He was pretty frustrated last season that the QBs weren't able to get him the ball in space on several occasions. Patterson looks like a heck of a player, too. Simpson is a pretty good 3rd.

I really like what they've got going on in MIN. I also think Cassell's an underrated (but still middling) QB. With Norv there and if Zimmer improves that awful defense, they've got a shot to compete in the North right away.
    visionary likes this.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,435 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received
    He went to the best situation he could have realistically expected.
  7. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,898 Messages
    986 Likes Received
    Probably. I don't think playing outdoors in Minnesota the next two years is going to help him. He will be relieved once he hits his third season and the Vikes move into their new dome.