1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: Cowboys Twitter mailbag, Part 1

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NewsBot, Mar 21, 2014.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

29,318 Messages
    263 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    IRVING, Texas -- Part 1 of the Dallas Cowboys' Twitter mailbag is ready. In it, we discuss where the Cowboys go next in free agency after signing Henry Melton, Melton's future and if this team needs to build around their younger players. Here's a hint: they are. Part 2 will be delivered on Saturday. If you have questions, send them to me via Twitter (@toddarcher) and use the #cowboysmail hashtag. Away we go:

@toddarcher: Once the Cowboys signed Melton, Jared Allen went to the backburner, so I wouldn't expect him. And it sounds like he is deciding whether he wants to play for the Seattle Seahawks or not. I think the Cowboys sit back a little now. They still need defensive line help. They have been linked to Robert Ayers, but no visit has been scheduled yet. I can see them looking for some safety help, provided it is short-term and low-cost. And I can see them looking for a veteran wide receiver.Nate Burleson's name keeps coming up because of his ties to Scott Linehan.

@toddarcher: If he plays well enough for the Cowboys to pick up his 2015 option, then I think he would have $9 million guaranteed reasons to be a happy camper here. Who knows, maybe Marinelli would remain depending on the next coach? Remember, Melton is a local kid as well and he talked about playing at home being a big deal to him, too. We know he loves Marinelli because of what the coach meant to him with the Chicago Bears, but there are other reasons why he chose to sign with the Cowboys, too.

Continue reading...
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014