1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Dallas: Andre Gurode could return Saturday

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 9, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,952 Messages
    8,017 Likes Received
    6:37
    PM CT
    By Todd Archer

SAN ANTONIO -- When the Cowboys have their first full practice back in Arlington, the hope is that center Andre Gurode will be able to work for the first time in training camp.

Over the last few days, Gurode has stepped up his rehab. On Tuesday, he and Jay Ratliff, who is battling a sore hip, had a spirited rehab/conditioning session under the eye of strength and conditioning coach Mike Woicik. Gurode and Ratliff ran a series of 50-yard and short-area sprints and concluded the workout with some pass rush work.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4681828/andre-gurode-could-return-saturday
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow, no responses to this? The Cowboys could possibly get their Pro bowl center back and no reaction? Only on the zone...
  3. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,837 Messages
    336 Likes Received
    Sounds great to me. I'm anxious to get our oline set and ready to roll..
  4. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,204 Messages
    1,495 Likes Received
    It will be nice to see the line practicing together and building some continuity I am excited about the line. If Holland can stay healthy this line has a chance to dominate. If we can get a half of season out of him that gives Smith time to adjust and Arkin sometime to learn from the sideline. So I hope we will see some good running lanes for FJ and a nice clean pocket for Romo!
  5. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,039 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Great news, I thought he was going to miss more time for some reason but we need him out there ASAP and we cant afford to lose anyone on this line. If only we could replace Holland, or if he could show us he can stay healthy and be a good guard. Until then, just give me Arkin or a free agent.
  6. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,504 Messages
    1,505 Likes Received
    Andre Gurode could return Saturday
    August, 9, 2011
    By Todd Archer

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4681828/andre-gurode-could-return-saturday

SAN ANTONIO -- When the Cowboys have their first full practice back in Arlington, the hope is that center Andre Gurode will be able to work for the first time in training camp.

Gurode is on the non-football injury list after undergoing knee surgery in June and will have to pass a physical before he is cleared to work. Second-year center Phil Costa has been working with the No. 1 offense since camp began with rookies Bill Nagy and Kevin Kowalski splitting the backup work.

Over the last few days, Gurode has stepped up his rehab. On Tuesday, he and Jay Ratliff, who is battling a sore hip, had a spirited rehab/conditioning session under the eye of strength and conditioning coach Mike Woicik...