1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Dallas: Bradie James can't keep Rob Ryan quiet

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Gryphon, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    By Todd Archer

SAN ANTONIO -- Since the NFL allowed coach-to-player communication, Bradie James has had Brian Stewart and Wade Phillips in his ear calling the defense.

The Cowboys’ inside linebacker gets to hear Rob Ryan this year, and Sunday’s scrimmage was the first run-through.

“He wasn’t quiet, not one minute,” James joked “You know they [can’t] talk the entire time during the season. It cuts off at 15 seconds. So he’s talking [Sunday], ‘Bradie, tell Abe Elam to get over, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.’ I’m like, ‘Dang, do your thing, Rob.’ He told me, though. He warned me. He said he talks a lot, and he does.”

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4681662/bradie-james-cant-keep-rob-ryan-quiet
  2. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    That’s funny. I liked that they held a scrimmage. Good way to ease them into playing real football. The defense is going to have plenty of bumps in the road. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few blown coverages or big plays allowed this preaseason. Better to happen now, then against the Jets. I say this defense won’t hit its stride till about the 4th or 5th game during the regular season.
  3. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus

4,298 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    Great sig pic!
  4. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,044 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    It really is one of the best ones I have seen in a while.
  5. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,644 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    The strange/funny thing about your sig pic is that Rob Ryan is the one with the serious look and Garrett is the one smiling/laughing. lol
  6. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus

4,298 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    That actually makes it even better.
  7. TonyRomo09

TonyRomo09 Member

456 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Yeah Everlasting, Love that Sig, it is great, did you HDR their faces a bit? Rob's looks like it.
  8. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Thanks guys for the compliments.

I used a Topaz filter. LatinMind told me about it a few months ago.
  9. TD-33

TD-33 Benched

2,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought Elam would be the guy quarterbacking the defense in Robs system?
  10. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

1,359 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    I hope Bradie doesn't make an ongoing thing of publicly knocking his defensive coordinator's methods. That ends up as a losing battle almost every time. For proof of that, just look at what happened to TO and now, Tashard Choice, who sided with TO in his criticisms of Garrett in times past.

Publicly clowning your boss is, more often than not, an action indicative of someone lacking in common sense. If a player has an issue with a superior, it's always best to communicate whatever it is in private.

In Bradie's defense, he may have intended it merely as a joke but there's no guarantee your superior will always take it that way. Better tread lightly, dude. It's been known to backfire.