1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Dallas: Five key games for Cowboys in 2011

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 21, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,137 Messages
    6,916 Likes Received
    Most important games on this year's schedule will take place away from home
    [IMG] By Todd Archer
    ESPNDallas.com
    Archive

IRVING, Texas -- So what are the five biggest games of the season for the Dallas Cowboys?

They all come on the road because the home schedule is not too sexy when you take away the NFC East foes.

Here goes:

Sept. 18 at San Francisco

How in the world can the second game of the season be against a team that finished 6-10 in 2010 and has a new coach in 2011 be considered one of the biggest? Because of the Sept. 11 opener at the New York Jets, that's why. It will be extremely difficult for the Cowboys to win the opener against a team that has been to the AFC Championship Game in the past two seasons. If you pencil that in as a loss, then the Cowboys must leave San Francisco with a win to avoid a second straight 0-2 start. The only time the Cowboys started a season 0-2 and made the playoffs in Jerry Jones' tenure as owner and general manager came in 1993. That's not a good omen.

Read the rest: http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/columns/story?columnist=archer_todd&id=6392053
  2. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,074 Messages
    1,935 Likes Received
    I stopped at "if you pencil in Week 1 as a loss"

I'm not penciling in squat.
  3. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,408 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    Yep . . . that game will likely be difficult but it's far from a forgone conclusion the Jets will emerge victorious. I'm quite sure that's why the games are played. Pencil it in . . . ha!
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,447 Messages
    3,756 Likes Received
    I see 16 key games. :D