1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ESPN Dallas Picks

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,164 Messages
    5,637 Likes Received
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,280 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    Shocked it wasn't unanimously for Ravens actually.
  3. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I honestly believe Dallas pulls an upset Sunday. 17-13
  4. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

971 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Ian kind of nailed it with the description. If Cowboys win (which I think they will too), they might lose to Carolina which is sad.

I agree with Calvin saying that they will play their best football so far in this game.
  5. DallasJ7

DallasJ7 Active Member

506 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    well, the good news is that none of them are better than .500 on their cowboys picks. :laugh2:
  6. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,375 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    I hate to say it but this is the type of team that Dallas usually loses to. They are a tough sound football team, similar to the Bears in that regard. They better play their A game or this could be another ugly one.
  7. Coakleys Dad

Coakleys Dad The Re-Birth has begun.

4,835 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    This is the typical Ravens will come out and punch dallas right in the face and they will crumble. To go on record I hope I am 100% incorrect.
  8. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    Hidden in the Ravens solid record is the fact this isn't the same Raven's defense.

Losing key pass rushers hurts. They have been getting killed in the rushing game and generally are just an average defense right now.

They are better offensively than they have been but this is a winnable game for Dallas if they play it close to the vest and get key plays from the skill players around Romo.

Balt deserves to be the favorite in this game but the Cowboys have to be close to full on desperate here. A win gets them back on track but a loss spells real trouble for a franchise that is getting kicked in the teeth by fans and media alike for every possible infraction.
  9. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,758 Messages
    573 Likes Received
    two pick dallas to win, just goes to show there's only two Dallas Koolaid drinkers left on that bus..... A dallas offensive line that can't open running lanes and can't pass block......what was that last Raven home stat, 19-1 in the last twenty....I'll go with the Ravens!!
  10. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,045 Messages
    940 Likes Received
    Sadly, I agree with you. One devastating hit by Ray Lewis or an Ed Reed pic six, and this team is done.

P.S. If Reed does intercept a Romo pass, I can almost guarantee he takes it to da House. :(
  11. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,833 Messages
    979 Likes Received
    I hope we're the ones doing all the face punching.
  12. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    No NFC has won in Baltimore since 2006, a stretch of 11 games. Time for that to fall.
  13. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,233 Likes Received
    Don't pay attention to that list of blowhards (says this blowhard, lol).

They ALL picked the Giants over Dallas earlier, so this means nothing. The Titans beat the Steelers last night.

I think this will be a strange game because the Ravens aren't the style of team we've become accustomed to. They are more finesse than brawn these days.
  14. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

971 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Maybe those 2 picked Dallas because they aren't on the Ravens bandwagon yet like most people are.

19-1 in their last 20 home games is a great stat. Kind of like that stat where a SB haven't loss their home openers since 1999.

The Cowboys had two weeks to fix their weaknesses against the Ravens. I have a feeling this will be the best football the Cowboys will play so far this season.
  15. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,233 Likes Received
    Not exactly. They were off Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday because of the new CBA rules.

However, the Cowboys are healthier now with the rest.
  16. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

971 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    You are right. When I said 2 weeks, I also meant it on a mental level and not just physical.
  17. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,233 Likes Received
    Norm Hitzges put a double play on the Cowboys to cover (if you're into that sort of thing) and said he thinks Dallas will win outright.

For whatever that's worth, which ain't much.
  18. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,093 Messages
    449 Likes Received
    I don't think this is a good matchup for Dallas on the road.

Dallas is too sloppy a football team to beat the Ravens on the road.

This could get ugly if the the Cowboys blow early scoring opportunities.
  19. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jeff "Skin" Wade

"Demarco Murray Explodes for 57 yards and Tony Romo doesn't die, so that part is good..I guess."

-:laugh2:
  20. DallasJ7

DallasJ7 Active Member

506 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I did a 3-way parlay on the over for Steelers/Titans (phew!), Baltimore to cover, and the under for Baltimore/Dallas.

The nice thing about betting against the Cowboys is that there's some comfort no matter what happens.