1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

News: ESPN Dallas: Roy Williams: 'I'm still a Pro Bowler'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 1, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

72,189 Messages
    15,310 Likes Received
    Oct 1
    9:48
    AM CT
    By Tim MacMahon

IRVING, Texas -- As bad as things have been since he got traded to the Cowboys, Roy Williams swears he never suffered a confidence crisis.

He says he’s too proud and strong for that to have happened. And he has too much belief in his ability.

“I want to be a part of this puzzle and show that I’m worthy of everything that I’ve gotten,” Williams said. “I’m still the same player. I’m still a Pro Bowler.”

This isn’t a case of a player strutting like a peacock after one great performance. There has been no told-you-so tone from Williams since his five-catch, 117-yard, two-touchdown showing in Houston, which earned a game ball that Wade Phillips presented in front of the team Thursday.

Williams understands he has a long way to go to prove all his critics wrong. That’s a list that starts with Hall of Famer Michael Irvin, who happens to be the best receiver in franchise history. Irvin’s comments that the Cowboys are playing “10 vs. 11” with No. 11 in the starting lineup especially stung Williams

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4672816/roy-williams-im-still-a-pro-bowler

2. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

5,237 Messages
    727 Likes Received
    Just keep producing Roy, we need you to get where we want to go.

3. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

10,750 Messages
    1,304 Likes Received
    Well, he's certainly no pro-bowler, but I like his attitude and work ethic. I can't imagine we'd want a less-confident, less-hardworking player who didn't believe so much in himself.

4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Roy Williams can be the Jake Reed to this offense... I like the WR trio Dallas has

5. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,837 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    Every time he gets a little momentum with the fanbase he does or says something stupid.

Pro Bowlers demand double teams. Roy is the 4th behind Austin, Witten and even Dez that would demand a double team.

He is in a great situation where he can put up big numbers against single coverage. Now he just needs to quiet down the talk and produce.

6. GOLDENCHILD1688

GOLDENCHILD1688 Well-Known Member

4,799 Messages
    168 Likes Received
    cant knock anyone for having confidence in their abilities.

glad his beliefs never waivered. i dont know if he ever will return to pro bowl form but we dont need him to. as long as he can produce like he has so far this season im happy.