1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Dallas: Scout's Eye: Oxnard Day 6

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 20, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,253 Messages
    7,088 Likes Received
    Aug 20
    11:10
    AM CT

By Bryan Broaddus

My thoughts from Thursday's practice:

* Was interested how much the offensive staff would scheme in practice to help Robert Brewster at right tackle. From the looks of things, he will not be left out on an island too much. During team periods, Brewster had Jason Witten to his side or Witten and Deon Anderson there together.

* Wide receiver Jesse Holley was back at practice Thursday. Wasn't surprised at this one bit, and my reasoning is that Holley knows he is fighting for a roster spot and there is a real chance that he could make this team in the role currently held by Sam Hurd. This is a business decision for Holley, because he knows if that if he is not on the field and practicing, his opportunity could slip away.

* Safety Alan Ball is doing and saying the right things about his job as the starting free safety for this club. He plays very relaxed, and his ease of movement and quickness to react has made him a favorite among his defensive back teammates. When Mike Jenkins, Terence Newman and Orlando Scandrick speak of Ball, it’s in confidence that he can more than get the job done.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4671008/scouts-eye-oxnard-day-6
  2. mmillman

mmillman Well-Known Member

2,153 Messages
    33 Likes Received

great so now Witten won't be out in a pattern?
  3. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,368 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Let's just hope he blocks better than he did against Minnesota.
  4. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ******* when are you people going to shut the hell up about the Minnesota game?

Honestly. What is the POINT of making this comment? Do you want to cut Jason Witten? Do you want to pull him and put someone else at TE who may block better?

I'm betting the answer is no. You just want to make a whining Butt-hurt complaint.

Get over it and **** about it.
  5. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,368 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Settle down Turbo. Apparently you didn't take your meds today.
    The POINT of my comment was to state that Witten needs to block better in pass protection than he did Minnesota or he won't be much help to Brewster.
    You can choose to forget the past if you want, but you know what they say about history repeating itself, don't ya? ;)
  6. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,706 Messages
    3,197 Likes Received
    The players on the other team get paid too.

Cowboys players are not going to win all the battles all the time.

It doesn't work that way.
  7. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,490 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Heresy...you must either not be a real Cowboys fan, or you know nothing about football. We must make a trade for an OT the other teams don't need or want...and we must do it in time to win these preseason games.
    :D
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,871 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    Only an idiot would expect any TE to be able to do more than slow down Jared Allen no matter how good a blocker the TE is. But then we seem to have plenty of idiots around right now.
  9. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Damn I wish Alex Barron was healthy enough to play.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,055 Messages
    7,774 Likes Received
    Anybody else having a hard time taking the Jesse Holley v. Sam Hurd story line seriously?
  11. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,936 Messages
    477 Likes Received
    i agree with you because there are so many tight ends in the NFL who can block Jared Allen 1 on 1. :rolleyes: