1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: Final Word: NFC East/AFC South...'Boys-Titans only

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 8, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl You already know why I'm here Staff Member

68,361 Messages
    8,474 Likes Received
    Final Word: NFC East

October, 8, 2010 Oct 8
    4:00
    PM ET

By Matt Mosley

Cowboys must gang tackle
    Chris Johnson. You'll see the Cowboys leave defensive ends Marcus Spears and Igor Olshansky on the field a lot more than usual to guard against the run. Johnson's one of the most explosive runners in the game, but he's having a down season by his standards. (Check out AFC South blogger Paul Kuharsky's breakdown of Johnson.) The Cowboys must play under control against him and not let him bounce outside. The play of safeties Gerald Sensabaugh and Alan Ball will be really important. They can't afford to arm tackle Johnson. You must tackle him low or hold him up so that help can arrive. The Cowboys will likely have a spy assigned to Vince Young because he's capable of taking off on long runs. There will be a ton of Texas Longhorn fans at Cowboys Stadium, so he'll want to put on a show.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/19660/final-word-nfc-east-16

Final Word: AFC South

October, 8, 2010 Oct 8
    4:00
    PM ET

By Paul Kuharsky

Get creative: Outside of some option plays, it doesn't seem like the Titans have been very creative with Vince Young this season. Even if he lost the coaches' faith for his poor preparation during Pittsburgh week, it’s time to see if they can’t find some things to get and keep him in a rhythm. If Young gets off to a hot start, the Cowboys might feel he warrants more attention. If that happens, Chris Johnson might break something big.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/AFCSouth/post/_/id/16236/final-word-afc-south-17
  2. BigDinAZ

BigDinAZ Active Member

1,401 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Soooooo, basically Dallas has the upper hand. Thanks!

:titans:
  3. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

40,433 Messages
    5,134 Likes Received
    I think this will be a tough game. Our LBs aren't very fast so the DBs will have to help contain Johnson.
  4. VirusX

VirusX Active Member

1,394 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    I hope to god I don't see Newman or Jenkins making tackles on CJ when they run up the middle because our safeties get picked up by linemen 7 yards deep.