1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Kuharsky: Rapid Reaction: Cowboys 27, Texans 13

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 26, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,709 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    Sep 26
    3:59
    PM ET
    By Paul Kuharsky

HOUSTON -- Quick observations on the Texans’ 27-13 loss to the Cowboys at Reliant Stadium.

[IMG][IMG]

What it Means: The 2-1 Texans came back to the pack in the AFC South with an inconsistent effort against Dallas. The red zone rushing issues that were an offseason focus resurfaced. There is no way this offense should go 58:45 minutes without a touchdown. If the Texans got big heads over the nice 2-0 start, they’ve come back to Earth now.

What I Didn’t Like: Replacement left tackle Rashad Butler did OK in his first game subbing for the suspended Duane Brown. Matt Schaub held the ball too long on three of four sacks, waiting for things to develop. He has to have a better clock in his head and has to decide nothing good is going to happen after a certain point.

What I Didn’t Like, Part II: Semi-predictable play-calling near the goal line. I don’t think anything the Texans ran near the goal line surprised the Cowboys, except maybe a pass to Owen Daniels that got a pass interference against Keith Brooking. But Eric Winston offset that with a holding violation. Two TDs there instead of two field goals might have made for a different game.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/15672/rapid-reaction-cowboys-27-texans-13
  2. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,255 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    They are good, just not as good as people were thinking.
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Houston got stone walled by a better team... Dallas played like defending NFC East Champs!!
  4. LandryFan

LandryFan Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,319 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    Fixed it for you! ;)