1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: Mike Jenkins respects Hakeem Nicks, ready for challenge

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Dec 8, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,315 Messages
    262 Likes Received
    Mike Jenkins respects Hakeem Nicks, ready for challenge
    December, 7, 2011
    By Tim MacMahon

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...ins-respects-hakeem-nicks-ready-for-challenge

IRVING, Texas – Mike Jenkins didn’t look like a cornerback chipping off a month’s worth of rust Sunday.

In his first game back after a hamstring stain sidelined him four weeks, Jenkins held his own against Larry Fitzgerald, serving as the primary cover man against Arizona’s perennial Pro Bowl while the Cowboys limited Fitzgerald to four catches for 55 yards.

“I just wanted to get up in his face and try to put my hands on him,” Jenkins said. “He’s a big body. There were some plays where I just had to compete to the end of the play. He put his hands on a couple of balls, but I just kept going to get the ball out or be a distraction. He’s a great receiver. I think everybody knows that.”...
  2. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,809 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    this guy is to talented
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,967 Messages
    3,914 Likes Received
    Cool.
  4. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In a related article, Terence Newman was quoted as saying the following:

"[...] I plan on playing the Giants' receivers the way I always do; about 10 yards off the line, that way I can keep everything in front of me. I love taking long round about routes to the receiver when he makes a move inside. Also, if we get them in a 3rd and long, obvious passing down, I'm gonna bite on the play-action pass and be get caught flat-footed as I let the receiver blow right past me. And one final thing, I promise if a ball-carrier comes my way to backpedal 20 or more yards, allowing myself to be blocked and not actually attempt to make the tackle"
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,836 Messages
    5,416 Likes Received
    Nicks is a beast. We'll have to take care of him through the pass rush not by coverage.
  6. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,060 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    +1:laugh2:
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,967 Messages
    3,914 Likes Received
    Good one! :lmao2:
  8. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member