1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN NFCE: Clayton on Cowboys' WR hunt

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 23, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,137 Messages
    6,918 Likes Received
    Jul 23
    12:25
    PM ET
    By Dan Graziano | ESPN.com

In John Clayton's latest mailbag, a reader asks him whether the Dallas Cowboys need to be looking for a veteran wide receiver due to Dez Bryant's recent arrest. This is John's answer:

The answer is yes but they don't have to move quickly. If Bryant is suspended, the Cowboys would be devastated at wide receiver. It's the same thing if Austin suffers an injury. They have only two legitimate wide receivers unless you believe totally in Kevin Ogletree. That said, I think they will be wide receiver shopping during camp. Laurent Robinson was the perfect No. 3 wide receiver, but he snagged more than $6 million a year from the Jaguars this offseason. The Cowboys need to find another Laurent Robinson.
    I think John has it right. Just because Bryant is a question mark due to potential suspension doesn't change the fact that the Cowboys shouldn't have outbid the Jaguars for Robinson. They plucked Robinson off the wide receiver scrap heap last summer, and he became one of the surprise stories of the year.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/40986/clayton-on-cowboys-wr-hunt
  2. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,133 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    We need a WR even if this didnt happen.
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,889 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    too bad we didn't keep newman:cool: he could play wr for us for a couple games:lmao2:
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,601 Messages
    5,512 Likes Received
    Until we see what we have after Dez and Miles I'm not ready to go that far just yet.