1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN NFCE: Dan Graziano Chat Wrap - 06/14/11...'Boys only

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 14, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,079 Messages
    5,593 Likes Received
    Anthony (Toronto)

Dan, do you sense that the Cowboys will target the Safety position over the Cornerback postion once free agency begins? And if so, who are some players they may target.

Dan Graziano (12:05 PM)
    Yes I do. The names most commonly brought up when this is discussed are Oakland's Michael Huff and Philly's Quintin Mikell, but they have many options and, I'm sure, a long list of targets.

bill (north hollywood)
    although both are obviously important, which do you think matters more when looking at dallas' future success: improving the pass rush or improving the secondary? thanks!

Dan Graziano (12:07 PM)
    Secondary.

CJ (VA)
    Dan, do you think Dez Bryant will have a breakout season this year for the Dallas Cowboys?

Dan Graziano (12:13 PM)
    I do. I think he's got the ability. If he's stays healthy and out of the malls, I believe he has superstar potential that could show itself very soon.

Weech (Santa Barbara, CA)
    Dan, with the arrival of Tyron Smith to Dallas, I see this being a huge step towards prolonging Witten's career. With the young WR's in Austin and Dez and Romo still chomping at the bit, I think we see Dallas truly start to build inside out in the coming 3-4 years.

Dan Graziano (12:21 PM)
    Interesting point, Weech. If they like their core of talented skill-position guys, they'll be less inclined to reach for those kinds of guys in the draft and the off-season. Using the first-round pick on a tackle was, as you mention, a good sign in that respect.

Dan (PA)
    Favorite East stadium?

Dan Graziano (12:26 PM)
    Cowboys Stadium is just unbelievable. I expected to be let down because of all the hype, but it's unlike anything I've ever seen. Spectacular. Second place, for me, is Philly.

pete (new jersey)
    Dan should the cowboys start tyron smith on the left or right side

Dan Graziano (12:28 PM)
    Right side, as I believe they will. Free did nothing last year to deserve to lose his spot at LT, and starting a rookie at RT will help ease the pressure on him.

Jon (NY)
    Eli over Romo? Romo wont even last this year in Dallas(if they play)!

Dan Graziano (12:28 PM)
    I didn't say Eli over Romo.

Drew (New York)
    Hey Dan, Twitter contest winner @dshaw31 here. I hope if you take Romo long-term those plans don't include playoff success!

Dan Graziano (12:31 PM)
    Congrats on winning the contest. Your autographed picture of Glen Quagmire is on the way. As for Romo and the playoffs, the ending of that book hasn't been written yet.

MattC (Plano)
    Dan, who do you see making the Pro-Bowl out of this group of WR's? Dez, Maclin, or Crabtree?

Dan Graziano (12:44 PM)
    I'll pick Bryant, in part because I think he's liable to just absolutely dazzle on special teams.

Josh L (Bakersfield, CA)
    three years from now who is the best wr in the beast? dez, nicks, or maclin? (jackson is just too inconsistant for me, explosive yes, but inconsistant)

Dan Graziano (12:47 PM)
    Nicks.

Josh (Louisville)
    Dallas RB question. Hers the best answer IMO. Start Choice sprinkle in Jones 10-12 plays. Let Barber finish the game. Put him in at the end of the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th in place of Choice.

Dan Graziano (12:49 PM)
    First, Barber's probably not going to be there. But more importantly, what's wrong with the coaches figuring out the right situations for each guy and rotating them accordingly. Who cares who "starts" and how many plays they get? They should each get the right plays, and that should probably change from game to game. The Cowboys are uniquely suited to operate this way, and I believe doing so is critical to their success.

MattC (Dallas)
    Dan, I heard Dez was in an incident at an IHOP in Frisco earlier this morning, any truth here?

Dan Graziano (12:51 PM)
    No idea. I haven't been to IHOP in ages.

Check out the rest: http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/38918/nfl-with-dan-graziano
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Dez and the ihop? :confused:
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,133 Messages
    4,330 Likes Received
    Further proof how much the off season really sucks.
  4. TD-33

TD-33 Benched

2,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not only do the gomers in NY think Eli is better, but apparently Romo won't make it through the year. :(

:laugh2:
  5. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,835 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    I think Nicks is a good and soon to be great WR, but I just don't see him being better that Dez in 3-4 years. Nicks doesn't have Dez's hands for starters. He isn't as physical. I am trying not to be a homer, but I think Dez can be the top WR in the game. The big if is how much he wants it and I think he does.
  6. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,200 Messages
    96 Likes Received
    Did both of them forget about DeMarco Murray? Josh from Louisville needs to turn in his Cowboys Fan card immediately.

Also, with all the WR questions, the presence of Miles Austin seems to have been forgotten as well.
  7. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,153 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    IMO, he does have Dez's hands. He has some of the biggest hands in the NFL. He lacks everything else compared to Dez though. Nicks' best attribute IS his hands.
  8. newera

newera Member

534 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    While I agree that Nicks is capable of spectacular catches, he has been prone to dropping a few. He kind of reminds me of TO in the sense that he will make a great catch, then back that up by dropping a seemingly easier to catch ball
  9. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,643 Messages
    1,103 Likes Received
    I loved Nicks when he came out but Dez is more talented and in more than one trait.
  10. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,079 Messages
    5,593 Likes Received
    Personally, I think Nicks is just as much a beast as Dez will be. We'll be talking about these young #88s for awhile.
  11. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,288 Messages
    2,709 Likes Received
    He loves pancakes. But pancakes have also been known to be eaten by criminals. Therefore, Dez = criminal! :cool:
  12. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    :laugh1: well lock me up then.
  13. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Dez at the International House of Pancakes...
    He was baffled by the complex international menu and became angry, then flashed a gang sign at the syrup steward before dropping his trousers half way and walking out on his tab. It's reported that Dez owes IHOP approximately $50,000 for unpaid delicacies. Unnamed witnesses claim that Bryant was secretly meeting with Deion Sanders at the time. Sources say it is all a coverup for his mother's shady past.

/lockout... please.
  14. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,741 Messages
    2,417 Likes Received
  15. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,924 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    :) ...but I'll pass on the cuffs.

And thank you for sharing Lt Hyde with us all.:star:
  16. Doomsday101