1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN NFCE: Tony Romo needs to be Cowboys' rock

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 22, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,906 Messages
    3,854 Likes Received
    Aug 22
    12:06
    PM ET

By Dan Graziano | ESPN.com

The Dallas Cowboys' training camp has seen its share of roster tumult. Both starting wide receivers and the tight end are out with injuries. The starting offensive line can't get on the field together. Key defensive players from Morris Claiborne to Mike Jenkins to Jay Ratliff to DeMarcus Ware have missed time. It's hard to get into the rhythm of preparing for the season when you can't get your full squad on the field.

And yet, through it all, quarterback Tony Romo is working to project calm and confidence. Per Calvin Watkins:
    "You got to have mental toughness," Romo said. "Everybody on the football team, at the end of the day, you have to be at your best, regardless of the circumstance, and that's your approach you got to take as a football team and as each individual."

He can't magically fix the injuries to the Cowboys' best players. He has to deal with what's left of the offensive roster, starting Saturday night against the St. Louis Rams.

Romo joked that he's completed a pass to every backup wide receiver on the roster in every individual drill. The reality is, he might have to do it in the regular season.
    This is what Romo needs to be for the Cowboys -- the player who stays steady amid the storm.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/42199/romo-needs-to-be-cowboys-rock
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,703 Messages
    4,563 Likes Received
    Once again, this would be an adequate blog post. From someone I don't necessarily agree with.

Comments like this, for example. It's just a lazy argument that has already been discussed ad-nauseum on message boards everywhere and, in most cases, rightfully dismissed.
  3. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Tony has been our rock for the last five years along with DeMarcus and Jason.
  4. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,080 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    I'm not worried about Romo. Just watch week 3 last year. He led us down the field 6 times without Bryant or Miles.
  5. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was at that game. :D
  6. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,340 Messages
    842 Likes Received
    90+ QB rating in every year he was a starter for the cowboys... if that isn't a rock, I don't know what is.