1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ESPN: No excuse for Dez to be targeted only twice

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysYanksLakers, Nov 11, 2013.

1. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,390 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Pretty much. With 2.8 seconds to throw I'd like to see someone suggest in which plays Romo realistically had a chance to get Dez many more balls. When did Dez shake two defenders in less than 3 seconds? Roll the tape and show us some screen grabs. Otherwise just shut your hole.

That said, Romo's passes were off-the-mark Sunday night...and in this case the venue looked too big for him.
  2. mitchell2254

mitchell2254 Active Member

675 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    I wouldn't blame him a bit if he left after next season. Romo would rather throw 2 yards outs at Wittens feet on 3rd and long. Give the kid a chance for the love. He has the chance to be a special player and we are holding him back in every way possible.
  3. mitchell2254

mitchell2254 Active Member

675 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    Watch a Lions game. Watch a Bengals game. You will see how #1 WR's are supposed to be used.
    The Natural likes this.
  4. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,726 Messages
    970 Likes Received
    What's funny is, even when Romo motioned him in to the slot, he was still doubled up and caught it. Romo needs to learn that you need to throw it to Dez even when double teamed sometimes. Not all of the time, but more often than he does, especially deep. If the ball is ON target, no matter how many players are there, he will jump over all of them and catch it. If the ball is off, then it's an interception. So maybe Romo does have a point, since his balls have been off. (that didn't come out right)
  5. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,726 Messages
    970 Likes Received
    I honestly think Romo has declined in the guts department. He's afraid to throw the damn ball.
    revospeed likes this.
  6. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

10,989 Messages
    1,460 Likes Received
    Do these guys read the zone or what?
  7. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,799 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    Good question LOL!
    khiladi likes this.