1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN reports

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by blindzebra, Apr 28, 2004.

1. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,964 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    I don't see why it would be a problem if he would come in and start and get to start a 2nd year. Henson has been out of football for 4 years, there is nothing saying for sure hes going to be ready next year, especially if next year is the year we try to make a run. Look at other Rookie QBs and 2nd year QBs who start, they still struggle for the most part, if were making our run next year I don't see how Henson could possibly be starting, unless he is way ahead of the curve compared to most other rookies. We only invested a 3rd round pick in him, he can easily ride the pine for 2 years before he starts, Pennington was a top 15 pick and it worked for him.
  2. cwalk

cwalk New Member

285 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It ain't happen'in Period,mark my words!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,755 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    Can't say it better myself. There's no guarentee that Henson will pan out either so having KC is a great insurance policy. We got him for three yrs so don't need to rush him. See Culpepper and AirMcNair...they worked out great when young QBs are not thrown into the fire.

I like the idea of signing KC and think he is a drastic improvement over QC and Vinny.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,956 Messages
    1,848 Likes Received
    I said this in another thread - I think Oakland will go after him.

He's going to command a lot of $.
  5. BadKarma

BadKarma Active Member

1,067 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think we can make a run for him with our cap space.
  6. CoCo1

CoCo1 New Member

380 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wrong!

Jones has actually been quoted (there's a thread about it) as having possible interest in Collins.

I'm not sure why you would assume that Jones has his reputation attached to QC anymore than he does to CH or Henson or Collins should he actually make a play for him.

Old stereotypes die hard. Even in the face of solid evidence to the contrary.
  7. D41lasCowboys31

D41lasCowboys31 Member

813 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah I am thats why i said "I THINK", nobody knows whats going on in VR, atleast nobody on this board.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,956 Messages
    1,848 Likes Received
    I for one am not looking forward to that, should it happen.

;)
  9. cowheel

cowheel New Member

517 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Giants offense was awesome last year....
  10. dallasfan

dallasfan New Member

978 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Pennington waited like 2+ years to start, the longer we can play well without throwing Henson out there the better.
  11. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,508 Messages
    11 Likes Received

What the hell for? Jesus I would gladly take Carter over this bum any day of the week. Besides don't the Boys have enough QB's on the roster? I suppose you want to bring in Vinny as well.
  12. HTownCowboysFan

HTownCowboysFan New Member

1,912 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yet another example of people wanting to go out and sign some "name" FA. I've seen it here hundreds of times.

With that said, if he was willing to come here and be the backup for backup money, bring him on. But that is not the case. He'll want to start somewhere, and that's not happening. Do you see him coming in and "mentoring" Henson or Quincy? Uh, no.

Why would he come here with Henson lingering in the shadows? He wouldn't. He could have had that gig and for more money by staying with the Giants. He'd be better off going somewhere that he has the chance to win a starting job and without some young guy(s) waiting in the wings.

Plus, Henson will have to win the job from QC--which he should if good as advertised--in 2005. What if QC plays "bigtime" this year? Parcells sure as hell won't just hand Henson the job--he'll have to be better than Quincy. It is a win-win situation with QC and Henson, IMO.

We'd be better off with someone like Testeverde--who will probably be here in a little over a month.