1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: Rod Marinelli plans more man coverage

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,838 Messages
    5,557 Likes Received
    I love these threads where smart posters all talk football, and nobody really has to disagree because the criticism is all accurate and relevant.

I don't think it's a bad analogy. I just think the ingredients we had last year didn't mix well enough to make a meal. "You've got oysters, beef jerky, and...vanilla ice cream. Now go!"

This year, it's looking to me like we have the ingredients to make peanut butter sandwiches. Maybe we get a box of mac 'n cheese. 'Edible' is the best we can hope for. Maybe it ends up being that gourmet mac with truffle oil and the bread crumbs on the top. That's about it.
    jobberone and adbutcher like this.
  2. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,597 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    You have to keep them honest. QBs and OCs are too good to be a one trick pony on D.
    jobberone likes this.
  3. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,597 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    Spot on, we had chicken **** last year and based on the mediots and some fans not only we should have made chicken salad but Lobster Thermidor too.

When other team have injuries they get a built in excuse but when the boys have injuries it signals the haters it is time to pile on.

Our pantry is still a little bare in spots but our fridge is stocked with good OLs, QBs, WRs, TEs, and RBs. Our emergency storage locker have some good DBs and some generic branded DLs and LBs. However, in the hands of a skilled chef, we can have the makings of a tasty meal with all of the trimmings, damn I am hungry, lol.
    Idgit likes this.
  4. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,992 Messages
    3,553 Likes Received
    That's a good analogy. Good coaches play to their players strengths and minimize their weaknesses. You have some key men in a scheme and if you have that you try to fill it out. You have to recognize though if you don't have the right ingredients to bake a cake or meal and find another way to feed the crew if not.
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,065 Messages
    801 Likes Received

Obviously.

But you're going to go more to what you're better at.

They'll mix it up because you have to, it would be stupid not to, but if you're going to play more of one than the other then it only makes sense to play more of the one they're better at.
  6. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,789 Messages
    4,339 Likes Received
    The decision to play man or zone is not just a CB issue. It has an effect on all of the back 7 players.
    BraveHeartFan likes this.
  7. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,325 Messages
    1,125 Likes Received
    Apparently you don't watch Chopped
    Idgit likes this.