1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: Scouting Jeremy Mincey

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Mar 13, 2014.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

25,226 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    IRVING, Texas -- On Wednesday the Dallas Cowboys signed Jeremy Mincey to a two-year deal worth $4.5 million to be part of their defensive line rotation. So who is Mincey? I watched him play two games from last year while with the Jacksonville Jaguars against the Tennessee Titans and Arizona Cardinals. The Jaguars defense figures to look more like what the Cowboys defense will use in 2014 than what he did when he ended the season with the Denver Broncos.

Continue reading...
  2. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,762 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    We knew that even with cutting Ware and Austin that we were looking to add 3 to 4 "solid" players and knew we weren't getting superstars. These two signings, I think, are that. Neither is going to set the world on fire but I don't think they disappear for long periods of time either. Along with the draft and being able to rotate fresh bodies, I expect us to be better. Not top 10 better but more "average" better.
    car351 likes this.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,703 Messages
    4,561 Likes Received
    These moves are just improving the middle of the DL position group. Whatever we're going to do to replace Ware in earnest, we haven't done yet.
    Boys122 and WoodysGirl like this.
  4. rockj7

rockj7 Active Member

800 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    This is a two draft minimum project we need to hit on 5-6 players this year and 4-5 next year in the draft. Im not sure how comp picks work if anyone does please correct me but next year alone we should ( if no trades are made) Have 1.2.3.4.5.6.7 plus comp picks we lost Spencer Ware Hatcher Austin
  5. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

8,220 Messages
    899 Likes Received
    We traded Lissimore to the Chargers for their 7th next year, and we traded our 7th to the Colts for Rayford. But that was a conditional pick. Not sure if those conditions were met.
    He is signed to a reserve / futures contract for now.

Ware and Austin were released, so no comp pick for them.
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,313 Messages
    6,297 Likes Received
    You don't think they disappear for long periods of time? That's pretty much their form over their career.

It's generous to call either of these two players average.
  7. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,905 Messages
    3,852 Likes Received
  8. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,399 Messages
    18 Likes Received

Rockj7 I 100% agree we need to Draft Walk-in Starters and they can in this Draft if they've done their homework.
    Its a deep Draft and we should get 4 Starters from this Draft. I think a DT, DE and S or areas of need.
  9. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,910 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    So you basically need to hit on every draft pick? That's a bit of a stretch. I'll take a draft like last year where we hit on the majority of the draft. No TE in the 2nd round of course.
  10. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    That's right, we'll address it in the draft, my vote goes to Dee Ford or Scott Crichton in the 2nd.
  11. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,406 Messages
    718 Likes Received
    Improving the middle like the guys we had this past season?