1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Watkins: Cowboys practice report

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 6, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,475 Messages
    3,313 Likes Received
    Aug 6
    7:41
    PM CT

By Calvin Watkins

SAN ANTONIO -- The Cowboys conducted their ninth practice on Saturday and we got the highlights.

*Chris Gronkowski was criticized for not holding his blocks well at fullback last season. In Saturday's practice, rookie fullback Shaun Chapas did a nice job of holding his block on a Lonyae Miller run. Jason Pociask, who was moved from tight end to fullback, did the same on a shorter run.

*Want to know why Kenyon Coleman was signed to a two-year deal? To make plays behind the line of scrimmage. He read a screen play and stuffed Phillip Tanner on a run. Coleman looks pretty good in the early stages of his camp. He's been active with his push against tackles and he's moving around well while chasing running backs.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4681619/cowboys-practice-report-11
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,869 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Excellent to hear Abe is doing some good things.
  3. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,654 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    The biggest thing to me wasn't the interceptions, which were part being in the right place at the right time, but making the right call to drop in coverage and send Sensy on the blitz.

To me, that was the biggest liability with Ball. The safeties have to see what's going on and let the other DBs know it.
  4. T-New41

T-New41 Shut 'em Down

2,227 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Glad to hear elam is already showing some improvements at that position. I've heard the FS position refered to as the qb of the defense. Always makes me wonder why we havent put more attention to it since we lost woody.
  5. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good stuff... Poots stunk up the joint with that dropped pass.
  6. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,323 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    It would be great ot see the OLB from Boston College make the squad.
  7. starsfreak31

starsfreak31 Member

105 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is Poots the guy with the long blonde hair? Did not like his effort or body language during special teams at all.
  8. DocFord

DocFord New Member

40 Messages
    0 Likes Received

iseewhatyoudidthere