1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

espncowboysblog:Senior Bowl practices: Day 2

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jan 25, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Senior Bowl practices: Day 2
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4677537/senior-bowl-practices-day-2
    January, 25, 2011 Jan 256:42PM CTEmail Print Comments By Calvin WatkinsMOBILE, Ala. -- The second day of Senior Bowl practices has finished, and here's a recap from the trio of Todd McShay, Steve Muench and Kevin Weidl. You have to be a ESPN Insider to get this but here's a sample of what they said of Day 2:

Von Miller Texas A&M

Texas A&M LB Von Miller went down with the linemen to rush the passer in one-on-ones and was lights out. He's so quick around the corner and the blockers had no chance. On the flip side, NC State LB Nate Irving also went down to rush the passer and followed Miller and you could see the difference. He didn't have the same first-step quickness and was unable to turn the corner as a result.
  2. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cue the "oh man, I want Von Miller..." responses in 3....2.....1
  3. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    One guy sees a swan, another guy sees a ugly duck. This is from draftinsider.net:

Von Miller LB Texas A&M:

Monday Practice Notes: Spent most of the day at SSLB, but was not impressive working his way through all the drills.

Tuesday Practice Notes: Not a good day for a guy that’s projected to be a 3-4 OLB. Was easily controlled by blocks all day and at one point got annihilated by Luke Stocker. Showed decent skills in coverage when he had to move in reverse. Miller was brought over to the pass rush drills to showcase his talents, which were average at best.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,160 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    I don't want to be the team that takes the risk on him.

Let someone else do it.
  5. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

oh man I want Von Miller!!!!!!!

if he slips to the second round for some unknown reason
  6. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :bow: