1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Barry Church ahead of schedule

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 22, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,056 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
  2. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Seems like everyone is ahead of schedule nowadays. Maybe someone needs to update that schedule.
  3. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,587 Messages
    794 Likes Received
    Okay. So this is not good news? If only Church was barely coming along.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,453 Messages
    8,339 Likes Received
    They may have to with the way they've made so much progress in medicine over the years. If Church comes back no worse for wear this year that would be really impressive with that injury.
  5. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...when was the last time you saw a report that said a player was BEHIND schedule? what a joke....
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,591 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    yeah remember after Costa moshed his ankle Jerruh was saying he could play the next week?
  7. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,716 Messages
    1,812 Likes Received
    Mike Jenkins
  8. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I am happy to hear about Church's recovery.

I think he was really coming into his own last year before the injury. He looked to be the most improved player on the defense initially although later Carter took that title and then he got injured too. What a terrible year we had on the defense for major injuries to starters: Ratliff, Lee, Carter, Church, Ware, and Coleman all either missed a significant amount of time or were majorly limited in effectiveness by injury.

I think Church starts this year. I think by the middle of the year either Matt Johnson or a rookie draft pick will put Sensy on the bench.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,483 Messages
    6,194 Likes Received
    Early on, he was the defensive talk of camp...not just most improved, but one of the stars of the defense. He started the year playing that way, too.

That injury was devastating. I'm hoping it affects him less than it would a player who relied more on his speed than on his recognition, but at S, and already challenged for straight-line speed, it's a definite setback.

I still think he overcomes it and locks down a S slot for us for a long time. The big question is whether or not he can play at a game-changing level or is he just holding down the position.
  10. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,225 Messages
    569 Likes Received
    It's always good to hear a player that has played a vital role is recovering. One thing about this injury, though, is that he'll really be tested severely on a weekly basis in addition to whatever amount of practice he's able to tolerate. Having had an achilles tear in the past, I can sympathize with his situation. I've never been too close to my former self but that was a long time ago. Many players are coming back in great form nowadays. I'll be pulling for him to be one of them.
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,031 Messages
    2,820 Likes Received
    True the reports are not always positive in terms of rehab as you rightfully point to Jenkins. Church injury was very early in the year so he has had time to heal. He has also been working out with Sean Lee which has been a big help
  12. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    It is good news, but I'm saying that maybe the experts need to update the expected recovery time for the injury since everyone who is recovering from it nowadays is said to be ahead of schedule.