1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Barry Church facing shoulder surgery (Injury updates)

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 13, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,239 Messages
    7,067 Likes Received
    Dec 12
    4:32
    PM CT
    By Todd Archer

IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys will fill their running back need with veteran Sammy Morris (following DeMarco Murray’s ankle injury). But they are on the lookout for a safety, too.

According to sources, Barry Church will need surgery on his right shoulder, which popped out twice during Sunday’s loss to the New York Giants.

Cornerback Mike Jenkins will wear a harness to support his right shoulder, which he said popped out in the second quarter after falling hard on the turf in the end zone.

Nose tackle Jay Ratliff played two-plus quarters with a rib muscle strain. He was in noticeable pain after the game and spent time stretching on the sideline in between plays. With Ratliff in a reduced role, Sean Lissemore took over at nose tackle.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4688090/barry-church-facing-shoulder-surgery
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Lissemore did okay at NT.

Nooooooooo on Barry Church. That's my boy.
  3. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,148 Messages
    1,863 Likes Received
    I'm really starting to think that Ratliff is entering a phase of his career where he and the team would be better served if he played at defensive end rather than nose tackle.

I know it's something that has been talked about for a long time, but I think it makes sense. I think he could give us a bigger playmaking threat at that spot than any other candidate and I think Brent (and possibly another space-eater) can man the nose tackle position and eat up double-teams.