1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Brandon Carr is quick on his feet

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 17, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,368 Messages
    2,207 Likes Received
    Aug 17
    9:00
    AM CT
    By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

OXNARD, Calif. -- It all starts with Brandon Carr's feet.

Look at him at the line of scrimmage, leaning forward on the balls of his feet, staring into the wide receiver's midsection. When the receiver moves, he moves. The receiver moves left, Carr shuffles right, but not without shoving his right arm into his opponent's jersey numbers to slow down any progress.

"It's like basketball," Carr said. "You've got to be in front of the player and use your feet first, then the hands follow. People think being a press corner is just being physical up top, trying to dominate the receiver. You've got to be smart and use your feet first."

Press corner has been a term thrown around Cowboys' training camp the way Jerry Jones threw millions at a stadium in Arlington about to open its fourth season.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4695818/brandon-carr-is-quick-on-his-feet
  2. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    I am really excited about Carr.
  3. followthestar

followthestar Active Member

2,083 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    When I smile thinking of what a great player we seem to have snagged in Carr, I am almost enraptured to think what Mo can learn from one of the best around. Could easily develop into one of the best CB tandems in the league in short order. Assuming they know their assignments on the field... :bang2:
  4. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,385 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I hope he is a star for us. I am really excited about it.
  5. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,798 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    People in Kanas City were bummed that he left... Just keep Miles Austin away from him. :laugh2: