1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Cowboys' bid to land QB thwarted again

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 12, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,344 Messages
    4,309 Likes Received
    Jun 11
    4:08
    PM CT
    By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys have proclaimed they would like to keep a No. 3 quarterback, but they didn’t do it last season and do not appear to be inclined to do so this year.

The Cowboys have been thwarted twice in the past few weeks in their attempts to add a more veteran backup quarterback behind Kyle Orton.

On Tuesday, Jacksonville was awarded quarterback Mike Kafka after New England cut him in favor of Tim Tebow. Late in May, the Cowboys missed out on Thaddeus Lewis, who was awarded to Detroit after he was cut by Cleveland.

Teams are awarded players off the wire based on their records from the previous season. Jacksonville finished 2-14 in 2012; Detroit was 4-12.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...s-bid-to-land-qb-not-tim-tebow-thwarted-again
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,522 Messages
    5,251 Likes Received
    I heard they were totally going to pick up Kafka on waivers, but then they thought "what's the point?"
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,344 Messages
    4,309 Likes Received
    What do you mean? They did put in a claim for him, but he was awarded to Jax.
  4. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,748 Messages
    518 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,522 Messages
    5,251 Likes Received
    That was your tortured literary reference of the day. But I'll try harder next time, I promise.
  6. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,401 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Could we keep losing out to Jax on QBs? After they pick up 10 cut players do we get a shot at a QB that we both like? Or is this in the Life isn't Fair category?