1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Cowboys moving on from Jesse Holley?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 13, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,467 Messages
    3,306 Likes Received
    Mar 13
    2:45
    PM CT
    By Calvin Watkins

In a surprise move, the Cowboys will not offer an exclusive rights contract to wide receiver/special teams ace Jesse Holley.

According to multiple sources, the team might sign Holley to a new deal. If not he will become a free agent. Holley was fifth on the team with 12 special teams tackles in 2011 and saw limited action as a wide receiver.

Holley wanted to get more playing time on offense but was mindful of his roots on special teams.

If the Cowboys had offered Holley an exclusive rights contract, it would cost $540,000.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4690707/cowboys-moving-on-from-jesse-holley
  2. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,622 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    We're keeping Laurent Robinson.
  3. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,485 Messages
    1,986 Likes Received
    Thank Gawd.

I admire his story of making it from a reality show gimmick to real player, but has anyone heard him on Ben and Skin? He's been on there several times lately, and he drives me crazy. Just seems very full of himself and acts as if he's speaking for the team. I'd like to hear more humility out of a 44th or 45th man.

JMO.
  4. rags747

rags747 Active Member

985 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Hey, not for nothing but every damn time this past year when the ball came his way he caught it. Is a scrappy competitor that we could actually use more of. While I like Robinson I would not break the bank for him. This team needs mucho new blood that is hungry. Hopefully FA will provide this.
  5. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

1,651 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Holley is and has always been a bonafide scrub. Thank goodness the Cowboys are churning the bottom of this roster.
  6. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Bye bye to him and Ogletree. Time for the Andre Holmes Era