1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Cowboys relieved Ware won't need elbow surgery

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 22, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,323 Messages
    3,191 Likes Received
    Feb 22
    6:51
    PM CT
    By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

INDIANAPOLIS – The Cowboys won’t see DeMarcus Ware on the practice field until they get to Oxnard, Calif., but coach Jason Garrett expressed relief the Pro Bowler will not need surgery on his right elbow.

Ware is rehabilitating from major surgery to his right shoulder for an injury that did not keep him out of any games, but limited his strength. He suffered the elbow injury later in the season and had to wear a brace.

“We were prepared to do whatever we needed to do and wanted to do it as early as we could,” Garrett said, “but that’s certainly a good outcome for us and it seems like he’s getting better and better.”

By not undergoing the elbow surgery, Ware does not need to take a break from his rehab on the shoulder. If he had the second operation he would have needed a few weeks to recover and lay off the shoulder work.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...cowboys-relieved-ware-wont-need-elbow-surgery
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,948 Messages
    1,209 Likes Received
    Ware should have been on IR right after the elbow injury. It was total BS playing him after that
  3. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,112 Messages
    1,098 Likes Received
    I wonder if he has hit the wall & will be one of those aging guys who is forever injured from now on.

Hopefully he'll come back as great as he has been in years past.
  4. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,229 Messages
    430 Likes Received
    :rolleyes: We were competing for a playoff spot and he wanted to play. Give me a break with this nonsense.
  5. burmafrd

40,948 Messages
    1,209 Likes Received
    not surprising coming from you

if you had bothered to watch Deware closely the last few games even YOU would realize he should not have been playing
  6. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,229 Messages
    430 Likes Received
    I know it's not because I'm usually pointing out FACTS and the truth and not spewing some nonsense.

I watched Dware and he wanted to play and help as much as he could. Ware going to the IR that late in the season when the playoffs were still at stake made no sense.
  7. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,046 Messages
    2,591 Likes Received
    It seems Ware is rehabbing well so I guess his playing late in the season didn't create a big problem.
  8. burmafrd

40,948 Messages
    1,209 Likes Received
    the only nonsense here is coming from you. Did you bother to actually WATCH him play? He was just about worthless due to his injuries.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,046 Messages
    2,591 Likes Received
    Stop attacking one another. Last time I'm warning some of you. We're not starting this nonsense again.