1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: DeMarco Murray: 'It was tough' to run ball

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 23, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,302 Messages
    3,178 Likes Received
    Sep 23
    5:44
    PM CT
    By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

ARLINGTON, Texas – DeMarco Murray scored for the first time since last November, snapping a nine-game streak without a touchdown by a Cowboys running back.

And that’s about the only thing that went right for the Dallas running game Sunday.

“We’ve just got to do a better job running the ball,” Murray said. “All day long, it was tough. There wasn’t a lot of creases up there. When there was, there was two really, really bad plays by me. I got tripped up, let a guy arm tackle me. It definitely could have been two home runs for me, and it didn’t happen.”

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...-weve-got-to-do-a-better-job-running-the-ball
  2. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I love D. Murray. I didn't think he got any help, and he's putting a lot of the blame on himself for missing two "homeruns". Isn't that leadership?
  3. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    I think Murray is more mentally tough than anyone on offense
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,793 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    Tough to run without lanes
  5. TonyS

TonyS Well-Known Member

1,391 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Tough to run when you trip over the line of scrimmage and fall down. He wasn't on his game today either.
  6. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Payton/Sanders/Smith couldn't of done squat with that line.
  7. TonyS

TonyS Well-Known Member

1,391 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Use hyperbole much? Sanders never had an O-line and Murray is NOWHERE close to his talent BTW.
  8. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,217 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Actually it's tough to run the when you have to juke your own lineman & your Offensive Coordinator gives away your running the ball every time by only running out of heavy sets. Where are the spread out draws we've had success with in years past?
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,942 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    Who are you? Which game were you looking at? Murray did a great job of NOT throwing that horrible offensive line under the bus.
  10. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Welcome to Dallas, DeMarco. News flash.. its not going to get much easier to run the ball anytime soon, so better buckle down and get used to it. Just ask your pal Felix.

He's doing a good job so far this year behind yet another crappy Dallas OL.
  11. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

18,982 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    Tougher than Romo? :confused:
  12. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They're both very tough football players. I absolutely LOVE the way Murray runs.
  13. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Murray is tough. Romo is tough. Two great players to help lead our offense.
  14. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    More than anything Garrett has to stop with the down-syndrome play calling. We couldn't run because Garrett kept calling the same run-up-the-middle that didn't work the first 3 times. I'm starting to think Garrett isn't all that smart at all. What happened to screens? How about run left or right a few times. /smh