1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Dez Bryant asked for guidance

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Jenky, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,017 Messages
    438 Likes Received
    Dez Bryant asked for guidance
    Updated: August 28, 2012, 1:49 PM ET
    By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The strict guidelines on Dez Bryant's personal life were a result of the Dallas Cowboys receiver asking for help, his adviser said.

During a Tuesday appearance on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM's "Ben & Skin Show," David Wells said Bryant realized he needed to make some changes and asked for guidance. Wells said he formed a support group that included Texas state senator, Bryant's attorney Royce West and a couple of ministers who sat down with Bryant to form a plan that was approved by Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...oys-wide-receiver-dez-bryant-asked-guidelines
  2. yentl911

yentl911 Well-Known Member

1,530 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    If that's the case I applaud him for his proactive approach to getting his off field issues in order. I think he is a good kid that wants to do the right thing. I am hoping a few years from now this issue is a distant memory and Dez is playing to a level commensurate with his immense talent
  3. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sounds like he wants to mature and you gotta love that in a young player.
  4. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hopefully other writers can get off of Jerry for this now. cough...cough..PFT...cough
  5. elcowboi

elcowboi Active Member

838 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I agree............ But I can't wait to see the negative comments. Lol.
  6. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    queue risen...
  7. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,021 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    The first part of solving your problems is realizing you have a problem.
  8. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,522 Messages
    783 Likes Received
    I'm reaaly pulling for the kid. Not only because it's in the best interests of the Cowboys (which as fans we all want, but it's also in his best interest as well.

God as given him a special ability. He has a chance to become a terrific (and rich) football player and, more importantly, a good person. He can also throw himself into the abyss. It's really up to him. And it sounds like he's taking steps towards the former rather than the latter. For his own sake, I hope he makes it.
  9. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    it's ALL there for him....and for us if he can keep out of trouble. As Drew Pearson said recently: time to grow up kid. Nothing to it, but to do it.:starspin
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,878 Messages
    2,122 Likes Received
    Jerry took the heat for something Dez and his rep asked for. :lmao:

Some how, some way there will be those who still find fault with this and lay it at the feet of Jerry.
  11. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    if anyone has a problem with the rules after reading this then they are just clueless ....this is a very good sign from Dez
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,354 Messages
    1,990 Likes Received
    this is what i was going to say after reading this story

sounds like they came up with the plan and jerry agreed to it
  13. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,878 Messages
    2,122 Likes Received
  15. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

8,695 Messages
    1,158 Likes Received

Yeah, isn't that the truth.....the haters are laying back...planning their spew...:lmao2:

I feel JJ will gladly take the heat for this too, keep it off of Dez...
  16. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    you know the boys could have announced this and prevented all the sturm und drang in the media and elsewhere
  17. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,848 Messages
    611 Likes Received

I am surprised you listen to the media when you do not believe what they say away from sports.
  18. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I am far from being a Dez supporter, but this, if true, makes me halfway change my mind. Only halfway though. Talking a good game is one thing, but you have to demonstrate it with actions. I will keep my fingers crossed.
  19. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,722 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I have been critical of Dez. I think this a tremendous step for him. I really hope it works. No more Dez bashing from me.
  20. nablives

nablives New Member

541 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I'm glad David Wells, whom has never had any ties to the Cowboys prior to Dez, and has never misled the press, came out and clarified this so the frickin' haters can finally get to steppin'!