1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Dez Bryant's mom alleges assault

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Reality, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,862 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    Dez Bryant's mom alleges assault

Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant was arrested Monday after he allegedly assaulted his mother, Angela, on Saturday, according to DeSoto police Captain Ron Smith.

According to the incident report, Bryant became angry when his mother asked him to leave her home during an argument Saturday afternoon. Initially, at a Tuesday news conference, Smith said Bryant slapped his mother in the face, but the police report, which was released later Tuesday, clarified that Bryant allegedly grabbed her by her T-shirt and hair and "hit her across the face with his ball cap."

Angela Bryant, whose T-shirt and bra were allegedly torn during the incident, indicated on the 911 call that this was not the first time she was assaulted by her son.

"I can't keep letting him do this," said Angela Bryant, who made the call from the nearby home of family friend and adviser David Wells. "I can't keep letting him do me like this. I'm tired. I'm going to put an end to it today. I'm going to put an end to it today. I'm tired."

Read Full Article
  2. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    She might be trying to get paid, so he needs to realize (though it will hurt) she is not his friend. She called the Po Po after provoking him, she's a loser mom at best, stay away from her an your 'family Dez.

Dez, the entire Organization and Fans are here for you to lean on, we are all here to help you overcome if not replace that disfunction you call a family.

Normal people that go through this don't have such an option.
  3. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    if she is trying to get paid, she is a moron. what good is getting Dez arrested and possibly suspended going to do? he probably doesnt have much cash now from all the previous reports about him, hurting his chances for a monster second contract are about as dumb as it gets if you want money from him...
  4. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It is hard to say what has happened here. wrist and arms swelling would tell me her wrist and arms were grabbed and not hit.

Dez mom doesnt get any awards for motherhood thats for sure.

no matter the outcome it sucks. Very quiet offseason and now the horrible Dallas media has something to sink their teeth into.
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,137 Messages
    6,916 Likes Received
    Well now that the ball is rolling, my suggestion to her is to distance herself from him. If that means moving out on her own and supporting herself, then that's what she needs to do.

As for him, he needs to let everything play out in court. Unless the DA is looking to make a name for him/herself, then this will probably be settled out of court with him getting probation/community service, or something.

Disclaimer: I'm no attorney, but I've watched several crime shows to know how they work. ;)
  6. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,385 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    I am an attorney. The vast majority of domestics never result in conviction cause the alleged victim refuses to cooperate when the time comes
  7. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Pimping ain't easy..........:)
  8. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,849 Messages
    1,221 Likes Received
    It's possible this incident is due to him cutting her off.
  9. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,071 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    Could be or it could be him trying to get her off the drugs or maybe she was stealing from him.

Or maybe he was just having a bad day.

The point is at this point no one knows what started it or what really happened, I say we hold judgement until the facts come out.
  10. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Screw him. Assaulting his mother? Who in their right mind does that? Everyone trying to minimize this or make excuses for him have to stop. He assaulted his mother! Whatever the provocation, you don't assult your mother.
  11. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,623 Messages
    3,150 Likes Received
    I agree.

But I think these are folks with a whole different mindset when it comes the traditional mother-son thing.
  12. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you have no idea what actually happened. you can choose to say screw him and act like he is guilty, or you can reserve judgement until all the facts come out. which seems more reasonable to you?
  13. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Innocent until proven guilty, could've been self defense, but if the allegations are true, prosecute him and cut him from the team.
  14. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good points.

I agree that we shouldn't rush to judgement, especially considering Dez's mom's background. She doesn't strike me as some innocent here. JMO.

Never helps when family is involved, in general, especially if there are dysfunctional relationships at play.

Family knows how to push one-another's buttons. Dez didn't do what he did in a vacuum. Not saying he should have done what he's accused of, but I can see how it could easily happen.
  15. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,768 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    Sweet..

Superbowl Bound now baby...
  16. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,693 Messages
    594 Likes Received
    Let's see, she is crack ho arrested multiple times for dealing and has lied her way through life, but suddenly now she is a law abiding citizen whose word is gospel?

She is like Mike Vick, who recently reported he lied and planned to lie his whole way through the dog fighting scheme until he found out how airtight the case was against him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...e-way-dogfighting-scandal-093120556--nfl.html

Some people are so friggin gullible it isn't funny.
  17. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,490 Messages
    193 Likes Received

I am not sure if you've ever been around a drug addict( like as in a family member) but it is a scary thing to be around. They lie, cheat, steal, do things you'd never think a person who cared about you would do, as long as they get their next fix. Thats all they care about. It is entirely possible she was on drugs, he grabbed her wrist to restrain her from hitting him or leaving the area to possibly hurt herself more. As far as hitting her with his hat and shoving her, we have no idea if that is true or not, what we do know is that drug addicts lie. They lie about pretty much everything. If she really battled with Crack in her life, there is a great chance for relapse. I could completely off on this, but I have a close family member who suffers from drug addictions, and I've seen her do things to her own family members that you would not believe. I've heard her threaten to kill herself so they physically restrained her, and then her tell everybody the next day that her family was beating her, which was 100% false.

I tend to side against what a drug addict says most of the time. If you want to take her word for it, that's fine. But I've been around it, I know what goes on behind the doors unfortunately. To me this sounds exactly like a drug related situation, even if she wasn't on drugs at the time. She could have been going through withdraw or threatening to go out and get some.
  18. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,849 Messages
    1,221 Likes Received
    Unless you were there you don't know what happened. Nothing may of happened or she could have been the aggressor and he could have refrained her or she could have been high. People do get falsely accused in these situations and stories embellished. I've seen it happen.
  19. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,514 Messages
    9,679 Likes Received
    What would you do if this was DeSean Jackson being arrested for this?

Would you be reserving judgement?

So far I've dimed Dez Bryant. Right down to his family being his own worst enemy.
  20. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,622 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    If a parent is parading around like a child.....they deserve to get slapped up like you would your child. Especially if you love them

This cocaine sniffing mother, obviously has no good sense.

Maybe she screwed his friend? or a younger man? or she wont lay off the drugs? Or she is a bad influence on Bryants little siblings if he has any....

Mother or not...older or not...if you still act like a teenager, and your son or daughter is old enough to move out. Then you deserve to get disciplined. Why?

Because your not an adult.....who gives parents the right to abuse or hit their children? **** they deserve the same thing if you wanna act worthless