1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Interviewing the Other Side: Jonathan Jones (Charlotte Observer Reporter)

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 19, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,048 Messages
    5,540 Likes Received
    Oct 19
    11:00
    AM CT
    By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

Jonathan Jones covers the Carolina Panthers for the Charlotte Observer. On this week's The Other Side, we talk to Jones about the the Cowboys' opponent for Sunday.

Q: So, what's wrong with Cam Newton this season? Sophomore slump?

A: I'm not ready to call it a sophomore slump just yet, but it's getting there. First of all, it was going to be nearly impossible for him to repeat the type of production he had last season. But Cam's feeling more pressure this season. Last year the Panthers had a pass because it was obviously a rebuilding year, but after improving their win total 300%, that pressure mounts. And we still have to remember for as great a football player as Cam is -- his exploits at Auburn, what he did last season and what he'll do in the future -- he's still a 23-year-old barely in his second year as a professional. But I fully believe he's going to figure things out and stop pressing like he has been.

Q: Does Carolina need to start Jon Beason or Luke Kuechly?

A: I think they may have to start Kuechly just because Beason's knee has forced him to sit out two days of practice. Beason showed earlier this season that he's still the same Jon Beason who went to three Pro Bowls, but nagging shoulder and knee injuries have rendered him less effective. I charted that in his last game against Atlanta, he missed five tackles. And in Kuechly's first and only game at the Mike, he had the best game of his young career. The numbers show Kuechly is growing more comfortable on the field, and if Beason isn't close to full health, the decision is easy.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4699725/opposing-voice-jonathan-jones
  2. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,582 Messages
    791 Likes Received
    I think the Cowboys get after Cam and contain him.
  3. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,199 Messages
    1,462 Likes Received

I thought they would with Wilson in Seattle too.....
    I don't think Ryan knows how to scheme a defense for moblie QB's, or any QB lately.

But still hope he gets it right soon.
  4. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    See Philadelphia last year. Rob Ryan is overrated, just like every coach and player on this team.
  5. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

37,503 Messages
    3,808 Likes Received
    Every coach and player?
  6. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,692 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    shotgun approach:eek:
  7. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,500 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    yeah, playing us has been just what every ailing, struggling QB has needed....no pressure, can't cover, easy reads....