1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Jerry: Dez Bryant in 'a better place'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 25, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,391 Messages
    4,351 Likes Received
    Feb 23
    8:17
    PM CT
    By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

Knowing that nothing is guaranteed, owner and general manager Jerry Jones says he believes the off-field troubles, ranging from an arrest following an argument with his mother to a number of suits related to unpaid loans, are part of Bryant’s past.

“Dez is in a better place relative to anything that the Cowboys are interested in, which is most everything about him,” Jones said. “He’s in a better place and that’s a positive. ... He’s not around the kind of atmosphere or doesn’t have the kind of risks that are involved in his life on or off the field that he had seven, eight months ago.”

Coach Jason Garrett cited Bryant's maturity as a major factor in the increased production.

"There’s a correlation in the growth and development as a person and the growth and development of the player," Garrett said. "I think what he’s done more than anything else is just simply mature and it has a lot to do with the approach that he’s taken. I think the first couple of years in the league, he was a very productive player for a rookie receiver and a second-year receiver, he made big impacts on games, but he wasn’t as consistent as he needed to be. I think his practice habits, his commitment to getting better on the details of the game just continued to improve. I think he saw the results on how that led to him having success on Sunday afternoons.”

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4705953/jerry-dez-bryant-in-a-better-place
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,924 Messages
    1,307 Likes Received
    Dez is going to be a superstar and leader on this team for a decade.

He might be immature, but he's not dumb and I think he's humble. He'll recognize that JG and JJ never gave up on him, and he won't give up on them. We are going to see this kid seriously fly for a long, long time.
  3. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,021 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    I think this is why Jimmy Robinson is still a consultant for the Dallas Cowboys and not retired.
  4. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Sounds like his mom is now out of the picture.
  5. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,793 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Yet I was told by many people on here that Dez will never grow up, and that he should be cut, and traded and other nonsense....
  6. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,033 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    I'm happy for this kid... He grew up in an environment of the likes no one should had to deal with.
  7. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    R. I. P. Dez
  8. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,440 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    that's what i thought reading the title of this thread....
    with all the DUIs lately people should be careful in wording things like this....
  9. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,833 Messages
    853 Likes Received
    So I'm not the only one, huh?:laugh2: Who creates these headlines anyway?
  10. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,244 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    Ditto. I pretty much knew he wasn't dead, but I immediately thought, "This headline makes it seem like Dez passed away." :(