1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Jerry Jones: David Buehler not going anywhere

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 28, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,558 Messages
    3,411 Likes Received
    Sep 28
    1:04
    PM CT
    By Calvin Watkins

IRVING, Texas -- When kicker Dan Bailey made a franchise rookie record six field goals in the Cowboys' victory over the Washington Redskins on Monday, it created a buzz questioning the need for David Buehler.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Wednesday on KRLD-FM, however, that Buehler will remain with the team. The kicker missed the Redskins game and will most likely not participate against the Detroit Lions on Sunday as he recovers from a groin injury.

"We want David Buehler to get well," Jones said. "He will need the bye to really get well, I think. We need that kickoff deep in that end zone. That touchback is an important part of the game."

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4684423/david-buehler-is-staying-with-the-cowboys
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,850 Messages
    918 Likes Received
    Obviously, Jerry has a man crush.
  3. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,146 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    Sure thing Al............ er...................... Jerry............................

:rolleyes:
  4. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,679 Messages
    438 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones: Terrell Owens is not going anywhere.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,951 Messages
    1,704 Likes Received
    He's delusional.

TBs are up like 300% compared to last year.

There hasn't been a single game played without a TB.

It's not that rare, Jerry.

Fact, most every kicker is getting it done and Bailey can get it done.

Just move on.
  6. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

2,481 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I like the idea of keeping Buehler. With him, it's a guaranteed touchback or a high kick with lots of hangtime that forces the runner to take it out and get stuffed at the 15 yard line. Bailey looks to be great on field goals, but his touchback percentage might be half of Buehler's. To me, that 53rd spot is better reserved for someone who takes away the threat of a return touchdown and saves our defense about 5 yards on average starting field position. Why give that spot to a WR, LB or CB who will never even see the field?
  7. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,867 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    Who does everyone want to sign with this extra roster spot? Who does every one think needs to be on the gameday 46 to take Buehler's spot. I ask because I don't trust Bailey's kickoffs in @ Washington in November, @ New York in January and if in the playoffs if we have to go on the road against a Green Bay/Chicago.
  8. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,618 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    That's too bad. It appears that the long kickers don't have the same value that they've had in prior seasons, however, given the continued sad state of our Redzone offense, it appears that we will be heavily reliant on Bailey, and there might be some benefit in not over using him on KO's especially in his first season.
  9. stasheroo

17,146 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    If it's my decision?

A veteran swing tackle.

I think we're seriously pushing our luck having just Parnell as our lone backup tackle.

I think he's a good developmental prospect, but I'd hate to have to be forced to play him this year simply because we have no other option.

I'd also point out that the team will need to free up a roster spot for Bruce Carter soon enough too.
  10. Manwiththeplan

4,867 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    Okay, what capable veteran swing is available? If Flozell is the best guy out there, I'd take Buehler (on KOS, not LT :cool: )

Also I think a RB gets axed when Bruce Carter is ready. Either that or Otree considering that Laurent Robinson will likely pass him during the bye week, and with Miles being ready, 6 recievers isn't needed.
  11. stasheroo

17,146 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    At this point, you're right, Flozell looks like the best option. And I would feel better if he had to play in a pinch for a game or two than I would about Parnell - at this point anyway.

I can see the RB going - Choice specifically. For a guy who looked to be on the roster bubble coming into the season, I don't think he's done anything to help his cause.

And I also don't believe that the team will get anything for him in a trade (at least not a draft pick anyway!)

I also agree with you in thinking that Robinson will soon pass Ogletree in the pecking order if he hasn't done so already.
  12. Manwiththeplan

4,867 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    I just feel that everyone would feel different if Brandon Banks had a big return, on one of Bailey's shorter kicks, especially since that would have been the difference.

We don't have a ton of outdoor winter games this year, but I'd rather not leave the kickoffs to chance.
  13. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,182 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    we wouldnt have had to cut McCann...
  14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,598 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Ugh. You dont have to say you were wrong drafting him Jer, just cut him and move on.
  15. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
  16. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,146 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    Makes no sense... cut him, and bring him back if Bailey doesn't do well. No one is signing this guy...
  17. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,421 Messages
    1,474 Likes Received
    What did I ever do to Jerry that he punishes me with 2 Kickers and one in the bullpen?
  18. newlander

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....SENILE OLD BASTID...NO reason whatsofrigginever for this guy to be around: NONE.:bang2:

........AHHHHHHHHHH....BUEHLER THAT IS: NOT JERRAH.....although........naaaah....
  19. newlander

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    :bow:
  20. newlander

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    .....it's about HIM....ya know..........da BUEHLER..........:p: