1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Mike Jenkins facing 4-6 months of rehab

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 19, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,961 Messages
    3,909 Likes Received
    an 19
    9:09
    PM CT

By Todd Archer

IRVING,Texas -- Cornerback Mike Jenkins had surgery last week on his right shoulder and it’s possible he will be in the midst of rehab as the Cowboys hold their organized team activities and mini-camp in the spring.

Jenkins is looking at a 4-6 month recovery time, according to a source. If he needs the full rehab time, then he could miss all of the offseason work and be ready for training camp, which will begin in late July.

Backup nose tackle Josh Brent had knee surgery since the season ended. He missed four games with a sprained medial collateral ligament and kneecap injury.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4689700/mike-jenkins-facing-4-6-months-of-rehab
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,211 Messages
    1,938 Likes Received
    Rest as much as needed.

This team needs a prayer that you are as good as you were in 2009 in order to be worth a crap next season.

Without Jenkins playing well, this team will go nowhere. Only because Newman is as good as a box of hair at this point and Scandrick is not a starter.
  3. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,983 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Oh boy. I hope he is healthy for training camp.
  4. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As long as he's healthy week 1 it's a non issue.
  5. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    This usuallly translates into a LONGER rather than shorter rehab time unless you're Terrell Owens. I will be very surprised if he is really ready to go by training camp. Hardest joint in the body to heal.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,380 Messages
    1,866 Likes Received
    I'm just gald he did not fool around and wait before having the surgery. So often we see where guys will wait 1 or 2 month before training camp before having surgery and end up missing most of camp.
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received

that is what pissed off Jerruh about Gurode. But in Gurode's defense his OWN doctor suggested he wait and see if it got better on his own.
  8. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    even dumbo Jerrah and his "personnel" men can't deny we need 2 corners in the offseason: get rid of TNEW, and walker....pick up a FA, draft a rookie and go from there.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,380 Messages
    1,866 Likes Received
    I can understand both sides on that. In the end what Jerry has to be concerned with is players being ready to go when camp opens up. Hopefully in the case of Jenkins he can get his rehab going and be ready for training camp.
  10. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,733 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Conditioning shouldn't be a problem, game shape will though. The only thing I worry about is Jenkins likes making "business" decisions and with this injury will that creep back into his game.